PDA

View Full Version : A3 woe`s

buckxvr
25-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Hi guys, i`m new to this so please be gentle.
Just bought a 2001 A3 1.9 tdi sport 5 dr, nice car but seems to have a problem, hoped to seek advice. The car runs fine but seems to run out of steam at about 85mph foot to floor, had a problem with the esp but been assured this was fixed. was running fine until filled up then no more go. any help would be greatly appreciated. i know nothing about these cars but assume it can go faster than this (off public roads!)

onzarob
25-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi I moved the thread to the correct section ;)

As for performance woes, sound like a MAF issue or Turbo issue. Does the car rev freely or stick around 3000 rpm?

buckxvr
25-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Sorry getting this second hand from wife me away with work. she thinks it`s fine gets up to 2500 RPM then just stops going, like i siad previously seems to have started after refuel.:Blush2:

onzarob
25-02-2008, 09:43 PM
I would suspect the MAF or it could be poor fuel quality. I hope its not petrol. ie incorrect fuel, was it a full tanks or a quick pit stop?

buckxvr
25-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks for help!! She filled it all the way, but i know it was the devil juice because she didn`t like the smell (Her first diesel).
Nothing i can do till get home on friday then drive it guess the fault take it back to the garage and moan.:confused:

Thanks again!