PDA

View Full Version : A3 flasher unit

vorsprung
20-11-2006, 11:30 AM
My sister has a T reg A3 with an intermittent indicator problem, (sometimes it works fine, sometimes the indicator illuminates but doesn't flash).

Presumably the flasher unit-relay thingy needs replacing.
Can anyone tell me where to find it and if I need to go to Audi for a replacement or just the local motor factors?

Cheers
Mark

Boardboy
20-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Is the problem on both sides or just one? If it's just one check the bulbs on that side a make sure there are fitted securely.
The relay according to the manual is behind the drivers side facia (where the fuses are) on a relay plate. Access to the relays is by removing the two relay plate retaining bolts ( one at either end) then lowering the plate with the relays down.
German and swedish or Europarts might by another option for a relay instead of a main dealer.
Hope this helps
Boardboy

vorsprung
21-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the info Boardboy, I already looked at the fuses etc, but didn't see any relays. I'll look for the bolts you mention later.

The problem occurs on both sides, so the individual wiring and bulbs should be OK, that's why I thought of the flasher unit. Could it be the stalk?

I'll go and check on the relays and come back with a result.

Cheers
Mark

vorsprung
22-11-2006, 01:04 PM
I can't see any relay plate or bolts that you mention. I have since discovered that the flasher unit is a part of the hazard switch which can be removed by first removing the radio - nice!
Part ordered from Audi, will fit it on Friday. Job done!

Boardboy
22-11-2006, 03:43 PM
So much for the manual, I've just had a look on mine and can't see it either!! I guess I won't need any wood for the fire tonight!
Hope you get it sorted
Boardboy

rj4eva
02-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread but i was wondering what ecu flasher would i need to read and write to an Audi A3 SE TDI 2.0 2006, and also would i beable to see my cars vin number by reading the ecu?