PDA

View Full Version : Diesel filter air leak/lock? o-ring?

Black Angus
25-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Is there supposed to be an o-ring (see photo), present in the output assembly from the diesel filter housing (T4 2,4d 2000)? I can't help but think that there must be! Have bled air from system and topped up filter several times with no result. 1988

WILLY
25-02-2008, 06:51 PM
hi the o-ring should be on the plastic bit that sits in, then is locked up with clip,,, i bought a filter and the plastic bit wouldnt sit in properly.
so i took it back to euro-parts and they give me a golf filter, a smaller filter, but all fitted up ok ,and is still working fine...
hope this helps
cheers willy

kenney
25-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Hi No, there should be no o ring there you have pointed to,on the other hand the o ring is on the plastic connection,and if these leak the system will draw in air,and fail to start.

WILLY
25-02-2008, 11:48 PM
forgot to mention , i connected the 2 pipes together,without plastic bit while i got a replacement new filter, just bunged hole with a bolt, sounds mad but i knew, that the plastic bit wasnt sitting properly,could see it fizzing ... check plastic bit for flat o-ring and check that it sits snug in hole...or get a golf filter i know they fit