PDA

View Full Version : Touran - Boot will not open !

touranman
20-11-2006, 10:38 AM
I have just bought a 53 plate Touran from auction. Had only one key but remote did not work. Got a spare key and had both fobs reprogrammed but the boot flipper still does not work. Is there any way to manually enter the boot or must I seek dealership help. How much is that likely to cost ? Any help much appreciated.

brianf
21-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Yes, from inside the car. You have to lower the seat backs and the luggage cover, climb into the boot area, open the little hatch in the tailgate and remove the warning triangle (if it's still there) and you will find a small lever inside. Push that to one side and voila, the tailgate should be free.

Good luck!

touranman
21-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Cheers brianf. Warning triangle was there. Bonus! Catch was just inside, opened first time. Couple of heavy slams with a door open and it's opening and closing fine. A passing friend who works at Land Rover (do not buy a Freelander. Ever.) suggested it may not have been closed fully in the first place ?!! Who cares. It's open now. Time to get on with sorting my other niggles. Later. Thanks again.

brianf
21-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Cheers brianf. Warning triangle was there. Bonus! Catch was just inside, opened first time. Couple of heavy slams with a door open and it's opening and closing fine. A passing friend who works at Land Rover (do not buy a Freelander. Ever.) suggested it may not have been closed fully in the first place ?!! Who cares. It's open now. Time to get on with sorting my other niggles. Later. Thanks again.
Pleased have been able to help.