PDA

View Full Version : Build Times

mistryman
25-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Is anyone aware of the time taken from your build week to the delivery date in the UK? I've been told my week is week 10 which is the 3rd March.

Vinnyg
25-02-2008, 03:33 PM
I have the same build date and the only information I have been given is that it will be delivered to the dealers towards the end of March.

Just out of interest, when did you place your order?

Satch
25-02-2008, 05:41 PM
I placed my order at the start of Feb and was told my delivery will be end of march early april.

Foringo
25-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Placed my order wk4 & only information I have had from my Dealer is that delivery is anticipated late March or even late April. I thought that Audi might be a bit slicker on providing delivery times as I would have assumed that they can check and enter into computerized build schedules fairly easily. I noted in the brochure that once Audi confirm a delivery date that they will keep you advised of progress. In the unlikely event of a delay Audi will provide you with a courtesy car. Maybe why they don't give you a firm date:biglaugh:

mistryman
25-02-2008, 06:39 PM
After many weeks or researching and negotiating I finally placed my order at the end of January, however it is through a leasing company, I was told a end of March delivery date, not sure how much to believe it.

Satch
25-02-2008, 06:54 PM
After many weeks or researching and negotiating I finally placed my order at the end of January, however it is through a leasing company, I was told a end of March delivery date, not sure how much to believe it.

Is that march 08 or 09.;)

Satch
25-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Placed my order wk4 & only information I have had from my Dealer is that delivery is anticipated late March or even late April. I thought that Audi might be a bit slicker on providing delivery times as I would have assumed that they can check and enter into computerized build schedules fairly easily. I noted in the brochure that once Audi confirm a delivery date that they will keep you advised of progress. In the unlikely event of a delay Audi will provide you with a courtesy car. Maybe why they don't give you a firm date:biglaugh:

I have to admit, this is my first dealings with Audi and I haven't been that impressed. I was given the wrong info regarding the Drl's and the wheels and now the delivery date is a bit wishy washy.

mistryman
25-02-2008, 07:05 PM
haha, the way things are going it could be March 09, we'll have to give Audi the benefit of the doubt for now.

Vinnyg
25-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Placed my order (through a leasing company) at the end of October, originally scheduled for delivery next week, but clearly not now as that's the build date!

I've not been overly impressed on this my first dealing with Audi either. However I'm not sure how much of that is down to the leasing company.

alexcf
02-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Audi Brighton (and my leasing company) seem to have June listed as the delivery month, so I would think it's defo 3 months lead time. :(

Bloater
02-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Placed my order for a slightly modified A4, and was quoted 12 to 14 weeks. However the order from indicated 1st May. That would be 9 weeks from signing the order form.

I can only hope Audi get sorted, and that the times quoted, i.e. 3 months is pessimistic and they arrive early.

Hopefully we can keep each other updated.

Bloater

smac1968
03-03-2008, 01:44 PM
I ordered ny A4 mid - november, for 1st March delivery, build week was mid february. Received it is Saturday.....great car....will post pics later.

Scott

08 A4 2.oTdi 143 SE

gilesw08
04-03-2008, 01:53 PM
I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has ordered an S Line version, and what their delivery date is likely to be. I was originally told June, which I hope is being a little pessimistic. Although, I know production for the S Line is due to start in April so I guess Mid May/June is realistic.

alexcf
04-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi Giles,

I've been told by my leasing company my order's being placed today, or hopefully by the end of the day.

Let you know!

Bloater
04-03-2008, 02:05 PM
I found out yesterday that the garage has done a spec amendment for my car order. I had never heard of this, but apparently the dealership, or Franchise, orders a load of cars early on, in various colours. Then when a customer orders a car of that colour, they then amend the spec to match.

Apparently this could result in a shorter delivery time, as the car is already someway down the queue. Yesterday, they couldn't tell me the build week, but hopefully over the next week or so, they will find out. Knowing my luck, my colour was only just in the list, so another 10 weeks to wait.

Who knows, time will tell.

Bloater

alexcf
04-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Interesting! I've got quite a few extras on the car, and went for Deep Sea Blue, wanted black, but I was convienced otherwise. Probably won't help on getting a quick delivery!

gilesw08
04-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Same here - I went for a fair few extras so I guess that won't help my cause. Still, heres hoping....

alexcf
04-03-2008, 02:38 PM
What spec did you order? :)

gilesw08
04-03-2008, 07:38 PM
I went for a Pearlescent Black 1.8, with Alcantara Leather combination, Cruise Control, Drive select, electric seats, heated seats, hill hold and tyre pressure monitoring.

what about you?

Satch
04-03-2008, 07:44 PM
My dealer rang me today. My car will be here before the end of march. They have already included it in their sales for March.He said they where very confident.

gilesw08
04-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Not half bad considering you ordered at the beginning of February!!

alexcf
04-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Wow, that delivery time *is* good...

Giles, ordered the 3.0TDI S-line, cruise control, deep sea blue, park assist advanced (with camera thing), tyre pressure, full leather, MMI+iPod, heated seats, hill stop doobery, interior lights, basically loads of random stuff. :p

mistryman
06-03-2008, 09:49 AM
Hi guys

I got a call from my leasing company yesterday, informing me that my car had been built this week and I should have a a VIN number and registration number by next week with delivery for the first week in April.

So its gonna take 10 weeks from when I initially placed the order. I'm counting down the days

HighwayTG
06-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Hi All,

This is going to be my 4th Audi A4/80 in 20 years.

I'm ordering a company car (via Leaseplan) and was realy interested in the Mercedes C-Class Sport but the A4 interior is way better and something special. So it's going to be another Audi A4 but this time I'm going for the S-Line as I regreted not getting this on the last model.

So I'm just doing the online quote/order on the Leaseplan site for the following :

AUDI A4 4D(NEW) 8.5 2.0TDi S-LINE
Factory Fit:Interior Light Pack Cruise Control Front Sports Seats + Lumbar Support Mobile Phone Prep- Low M+ Cncrt/Sym+M/F Hill Hold Assist Metallic Paint (Ice Silver)Bang And Olufsen Sound System

Spoke to someone at Leaseplan and they are saying late June early July delivery .. that's some wait. Anyone else getting their S-Line sooner ?

alexcf
06-03-2008, 06:51 PM
My order for my S-Line, 3.0TDI just went in today, or so my leasing company has confirmed!

I'll keep you posted as I'm supposed to have a delivery time shortly.

HighwayTG
06-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Finally did it ... ordered my company car through Leaseplan today after viewing some SE spec cars in the showroom:

AUDI A4 2.0 TDi S-LINE

Interior Light Pack
Cruise Control
Front Sports Seats + Lumbar Support
8.5J 19.7in Arim Dble Spk Whls + 255/35R
Mobile Phone Prep- Low M+ Cncrt/Sym+M/F
Hill Hold Assist
Deletion Of Capacity Designation At Rear
Metallic Paint
Bang And Olufsen Sound System

I decided not to upgrade to the 6CD player as the single CD Concert Radio comes with a SD card, most of my music is on MP3 and I can get over 500 songs on a 2GB SD card.

Also didn’t bother with the full leather as I quite liked the standard half leather and cloth sport seats.

But after seeing the 19'' double arm 7 spoke wheels on a Audi TT I had to have them, they really set the car apart.

Will let you know when I get a firm delivery date, though I reckon it will be June, can’t wait !

alexcf
07-03-2008, 02:19 PM
My order went in yesterday too! Really looking forward to getting it. Just need to try and forget about it for a couple of months. :)

Woo!!

gilesw08
07-03-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm trying to forget......but I can't :zx11:

..Forums like this dont help!! Keep reminding me that I have nearly 3 months to wait ha ha!!

alexcf
07-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Bah, if mine comes in July, I would rather wait another month and have a 58 plate!

gilesw08
13-03-2008, 10:13 PM
On a related subject, is there generally an average time between order date and getting a build date? Are we talking a couple of weeks or can it differ greatly between each individual order? I guess it also depends on what spec you choose as well?

Giles

Satch
13-03-2008, 10:53 PM
On a related subject, is there generally an average time between order date and getting a build date? Are we talking a couple of weeks or can it differ greatly between each individual order? I guess it also depends on what spec you choose as well?

Giles

Myself and a colleague ordered our cars on the same day.Both orders where identical except the colour.My order was confirmed within a week and his took 3 weeks. I am getting my car 4 weeks before him. The Audi dealer can't give a reason why the two car aren't coming together All he will say is that mine is ahead of shedule and the other car is on schedule.

alexcf
13-03-2008, 11:18 PM
And I bet you're not rubbing it in one bit :ppp

Satch
13-03-2008, 11:56 PM
And I bet you're not rubbing it in one bit :ppp

No way,I wouldn't rub it in.:D

I keep joking with him that his will come witout rear parking sensors.:biglaugh:

NeilNI
19-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Just on this topic. I spoke to my local dealership yesterday ref the S-Line. Dealer said that it could be ordered for a £1000 deposit, rest to be sorted at the time of the delivery - estimated delivery to be August time

Satch
19-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Got a call today, car will be here in just over a week.

AUDI-NUT
19-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Got a call today, car will be here in just over a week.

Thats great - what did you order? SE or S-Line?

Very curious because I ordered my A4 last year and still waiting for a build time although I have been told I should have the car before end of April....

Satch
19-03-2008, 07:09 PM
I ordered a SE. Not many extras, which may be why it is arriving early.

Vinnyg
20-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Hey Satch,

Have you had any more news? My leasing company emailed today to say that my car still hadn't been shipped (built week 10) as Audi were having 'shipping problems'.

Rubbish!

Satch
20-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Hey Satch,

Have you had any more news? My leasing company emailed today to say that my car still hadn't been shipped (built week 10) as Audi were having 'shipping problems'.

Rubbish!

My dealer rang today to finalise payment details. He still tells me that the car will be arriving with them at the end of next week. H said it could be 3 days after that before they have the car ready for me to collect.
Pics will follow as soon as I get it. If I can work out how to post them.

Although, there have been quite a few porkys been told so far so I will believe when I actually see it.

Satch
21-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Pic test.

gilesw08
21-03-2008, 12:51 AM
Has anyone had a build date on their s line yet?