PDA

View Full Version : Replace turbo :(

Rob-S
25-02-2008, 10:52 AM
How hard is it to replace the turbo on a tt im pretty sure mine is gone now :(
i really hate this car, is it possible to rebuild yourself using one of those rebuild kits on ebay? anybody done one ?

Oh i dont have a lift either it will be a lie on driveway with jack an axle stands, is it possible ?
Ta

kaz_219
09-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Erm...If the turbos at the front of the engine then the whole front may have to come off but if its at the sides or towards the back....Whole engine may have to be dropped.

On a Golf, its easy enough to get to and its a relativly simple job switching it over but not sure on a TT. The engines covered up by black plastic so can't see where it actually is :S

Rob-S
10-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Cheers for the reply mate, im nearly finished rebuilding the car, turbo is on the back, its a pig of a job, had to get another turbo.

andysuth
25-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Cheers for the reply mate, im nearly finished rebuilding the car, turbo is on the back, its a pig of a job, had to get another turbo.

How much was the Turbo and where did you get it from? (PM if neccessary)

I'm looking for one for a Audi A4 1998 1.9TDi, 110bhp (allegedly).

Preferrably in Liverpool.

-AS

Rob-S
25-03-2008, 11:51 PM
Hi mate i got it from a friends company turbo technics, the turbo on your a4 will be completely different to the one i got, i looked on ebay, essex turbo,but ended up getting it from turbo technics. You might even find one in a scrap yard theres a good one at haydock just off the east lancs (Essex turbo quoted me a good price but couldnt get me a replacement in the finish £580 ) Its up to you mate i can tell you theyre not bloody cheap. I needed a new oil feed pipe, banjo washers, new oil,oil filter, gaskets, manifold bolts, antifreeze.

Good luck mate

AceDk.DriftKing
15-04-2008, 03:30 AM
dose the tubro cause that whisling sound when shift gears ?and can it happen on a auto tranmisson car PLZ help i am new at this...:D

andysuth
24-06-2008, 01:37 PM
How much was the Turbo and where did you get it from? (PM if neccessary)

I'm looking for one for a Audi A4 1998 1.9TDi, 110bhp (allegedly).

Preferrably in Liverpool.

-AS

It wasn't the turbo on mine, just the vaccuum tube that activates the turbo. Have reached a good resolution with heat shrink and vasaline.

-Andy