PDA

View Full Version : Quiet???

Marc97
19-11-2006, 08:46 PM
I can't believe this forum has over 4000 members. Is everybody scared of posting a simple 'Hi' to someone?

The forum is a community to share ideas, problems or just chat about yours or someone elses car in general, it would be nice if members got more involved.

I personally don't know a lot about Audis (but I'm learning) but I'm sure there are quite a few member who do but do not post or offer replies or ideas. Why be a member if you don't like making a contribution?

I know I'm new here but I am a member of quite a few forums and I must say, this has to have one of the lowest reply to post ratios (taking into consideration the amount of members) of any forum I've ever seen.

Sorry if I've offended anyone, that wasn't my intention, I was just wondering why more people (who could probably really help out) don't contribute more than they do.

Cheers,

Marc.

stuart
19-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Been asking the same question myself recently.... makes me wonder if it's worth me spending my time and money on it.

Marc97
20-11-2006, 12:04 AM
I can see your point. The title of this very forum is 'Community' but there doesn't seem to be much community spirit here, not even any non related banter.
I can only guess that those who could submit good information either want to keep it to themselves or are 1 fingered typers who figure it would take longer to type a reply than it would to do the actual job being replied to.
Am I wrong???? If I am, someone prove it!

Boardboy
20-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Hi Marc
How are you doing? I am a bit slow myself with the typing, but I wonder if members post a question to a problem, get there answer and don't bother again until another problem arises.
Boardboy

Marc97
20-11-2006, 12:25 AM
Just trying to figure that myself.

I've made a few suggestions to problems now and I am asking that members come back and report the nature of the problem once it is fixed as reference to other users.
Also makes things a bit more chatty and friendly and less formal as it does seem like a very formal forum to me at the moment.

Most other forums I have been on/registered to have a welcome forum where new members can introduce themselves, just a couple of words about what they drive, job etc, nothing personal if they don't want to announce themselves to 4000 strangers :biglaugh: . Myself and another 'newbie' made posts to say hi and not 1 single member came to say hi or welcome and I find that a bit snooty personally.

I am a down to earth bloke and the best I could afford was a £600 Audi 80 TDi, but I feel like I'm being looked down on, like my car isn't important enough to be included because its a cheap old car.

I'm probably wrong and I'm sorry if I am but its just the way it seems from here and surely people who post on here about car problems would be the same, willing to get their hands dirty and have a go themselves.

Boardboy
20-11-2006, 12:39 AM
There is nothing wrong with a £600 Audi and I'm all for having a go at fixing things myself. I have always tried to do my own maintance.
Everything I've learnt has been through doing it myself or picking the brains of others.
Boardboy

Pedro
22-11-2006, 12:08 AM
Just read your 'bad' comments Marc97.

Working for a corporate organisation, I appreciate the workings of a complaints system. We see them at first hand from our customers, and actively encourage them.

Without them we don't have any feedback and don't know what and how to improve!

seemed a fair comment to me...

stuart
22-11-2006, 12:09 AM
Just read your 'bad' comments Marc97.

Working for a corporate organisation, I appreciate the workings of a complaints system. We see them at first hand from our customers, and actively encourage them.

Without them we don't have any feedback and don't know what and how to improve!

seemed a fair comment to me...

Well put!;)

Stuart

Marc97
22-11-2006, 12:19 AM
Cheers lads, I was starting to wonder how many wanted me 'Burned slowly' as it was put (but PM sent to me with an explaination) so all is good once again.
I'm looking forward to the regained interest in the site and lots of revisiting members who maybe just logged on as a reply to Stuarts e mail have now started joining in with help and advice on other threads.

Great work everyone!!!!!

(Can't believe I've only been on here less than a week!!)

stuart
22-11-2006, 12:21 AM
(Can't believe I've only been on here less than a week!!)

And caused a riot!!:biglaugh::biglaugh::D:D

Marc97
22-11-2006, 12:53 AM
Lol, I do like to provoke a response.
:outtahere

MalcQV
22-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Lol, I do like to provoke a response.
:outtahere

Mancunians :bigeyes2:

Marc97
23-11-2006, 12:53 AM
:biglaugh:

avantdi
10-01-2007, 10:37 PM
I would say keep this site open. Sorted my problem out to-day thanks to Rick T. But what i did see from trawling through your search engine is a lot of posts with good replys but the original thread starter never got back to say how they got on with repairs. This is bound to p**s off any member from posting again. So I say to people who post on this site looking for help with their car problems kindly do the decent thing and let everyone know how you get on.

Stuart keep up the good work this is the best Audi site I've come across.
I'm only new here but I'll do my best to post replys to peoples problems when I have an answer.:D

MalcQV
10-01-2007, 10:56 PM
I do not think it is so quiet these days:approve:

RickT
10-01-2007, 11:42 PM
I agree.... its cooking on gas now!!

RicKT

MalcQV
10-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Yep quarter off 11 and I am still here. Seem to be spending more time here now :biglaugh:

RickT
10-01-2007, 11:49 PM
i seem to be spending more time here than i do at my other other forum!! LOL!!

RiCKT

MalcQV
11-01-2007, 03:55 PM
i seem to be spending more time here than i do at my other other forum!! LOL!!

RiCKT

Probably the forum I spend the most time on bar one :biglaugh:

Eshrules
13-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Mancunians :bigeyes2:

just trawling the old threads and had a quickie look at this and OMG :p mancunians indeed i resent that remark LOL im so glad to see this forum has picked up and i must admit im chuffed to bits stuart didnt close it down, nice to see he saw it through, im sure everyone would agree this sites a testimant to his commitment and bloody hard work!:beerchug:

marty72
14-02-2007, 02:32 AM
Hi all, this is the first forum I've been a member of so can't really compare it with anything. I do agree that members who post prob's should, once its been fixed,report on what the prob was and how it was fixed. Quick intro of myself I live in Glasgow drive a '97 A4 avant quattro 2.8 i was a car mechanic for 16yrs(not audi but most others lol) before leaving to become a signaller with network rail. Love the site passes the night shift. M

MalcQV
14-02-2007, 01:32 PM
just trawling the old threads and had a quickie look at this and OMG :p mancunians indeed i resent that remark LOL im so glad to see this forum has picked up and i must admit im chuffed to bits stuart didnt close it down, nice to see he saw it through, im sure everyone would agree this sites a testimant to his commitment and bloody hard work!:beerchug:

You a Manc too? ;)

Eshrules
19-02-2007, 03:40 PM
You a Manc too? ;)

yesh.... and what of it mr non-manc? :approve:

MalcQV
19-02-2007, 11:42 PM
yesh.... and what of it mr non-manc? :approve:

Depends.
Am I European?
Am I British?
Am I English?
Am I a Mancunian?
Am I Salfordian?
Or am I a Swintonian?

All of em I guess :approve:

Though is Salford a seperate City from Manchester now?? Maybe I ain't a Manc anymore :(