PDA

View Full Version : 96 Audi Cabiolet (Hazy window)

kronstudios
25-02-2008, 10:11 AM
I just bought a 96 Audi Cabriolet. The back window is not viewable. its hazy. Does any one know what to do about it?

Thanks

Ron
:o

michaelm9209
25-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Yes Mate,

I got rid of my lovely cab because of the same problem- my wife would not drive because she cold not see.

Only after that I discovered an company in Edinburgh that have a prodcut to clean scratched window.

Sorry I can't remember name but if you buy a classic car mag they advertise in their all the time.

Good luck.

Michael.

Ps I now bought a A4 cab and love it.:biglaugh:

JimSharp39
25-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Try http://www.vertar.com/renovo/renovo-clear-plastic-window-polish/

I have used it with great success on my cab window. Remember that no 'magick' product will revive a totally gubbed window, but if its a bit tired this product def does the trick. Buy it on Ebay, not retail btw - I got mine for 6.99 if memory serves and it really does do the trick.

Incidentally my cab is blue and it has a blue roof, which are notorious for going all kinds of grubby colours. I used a two spray kit from ********* (turtlewax brand I think) to clean and then reproof it. Must say I was gobsmacked at how good it turned out. Kit was 17 quid.
Hope that helps

JIm

chuckle1
25-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Hi m8 i'm new here and your post caught my eye, i've just bought some of the plastic polish you are on about its called GREYGATE PLASTIC POLISH and they are based in coalville, leics.
this is the write up for it

You are buying the CREME de la CREME of plastic polishes ,it is still Made in the UK by Greygate Chemicals for the MOD and NATO (stock number 7930-99-224-2028).It is used by the RAF to remove scratches from the perspex cockpit screens on fighter planes, but it is just as good on motorcycle visors & screens,diving masks and mobile phone displays.Also last but not least it works miracles on scratched soft top screens.Scratches seem to disappear like magic

I need it because someone thought it would be funny to write B***ocks with their finger on my unwashed rear screen :mad:, You can guess the rest
I'll let ya know what its like

4rings
25-02-2008, 09:32 PM
You'll probably find that the cream won't do a great deal I bought some and I think my window was too far gone, your best bet is a new back window, I've just had mine replaced £230 all fitted, www.hubbardupholstery.co.uk (http://www.hubbardupholstery.co.uk)
Nice place in Loughborough three and a half hours all done!!

4Rings:biglaugh: