PDA

View Full Version : 'Ive joined the dark side'

grover
24-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Hi All,

This is my first VAG, in what has been thus far a long line of fiat hatches (mostly uno turbo's), but alas its time to grow up (a little), and drive something a little more accomodating for my fishing gear, and absorb the 100miles a-day commute to work!!

I bought a w reg PD engined passat estate a week ago, and i'm loving it, despite it needing a little TLC.

I took on the mighty cam belt change (whole front off!) and won last week, but register today looking for help in tracking down a thorn in my side which is a brake fluid leak! (please see other thread)

Take it easy!

Tom

darren_mcvicar
24-02-2008, 09:50 PM
welome too the site buddy

grover
24-02-2008, 09:58 PM
welome too the site buddy

Hi fella,

'Tim' and i grew up in a vdub scene trying desperately to get everyone to see the attraction of our bean cans, and i must admit the buzz of driving a powerful hot hatch with the build quality not dissimilar to that found in a pre GCSE DT lesson still has its appeal (i still have a mk1 uno t under a dust sheet!), but seem to have given up; he is a proud owner of a mk5 gti golf.

My mission is to get the passat in perfect workign order bfore looking at a couple of simple asthetic alterations. I'd like to change the scuffed OE 15's for some 16's found on the newer models, and perhaps some sportier suspension (i found that despite it being a 'Sport', and passing the 'bump' test on each corner it pitches more than i like) to drop it a fraction and stiffen things up.

Tom