PDA

View Full Version : Audi 80 Central Locking Problem

tp5harp
19-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Hi, I have an Audi 80 (L Reg - 1990 I think) 1.9 Tdi. The central locking has stopped working. Firstly I could hear the pump continually trying to lock the car. I was driving and the car kept slowing down as the pump kept locking the car. After about 200 yards the car stopped and would not start again. After removing the fuse for the central locking the car worked ok, accept for no cental locking and the alarm light was lit up.

I have since tried to put the fuse back in, and the cental locking does not do anything now, does not work at all. However with the fuse in the alarm horn sometimes sounds for a couple of seconds.

Does anybody know where I find the cental locking pump (the car is the Estate model).

Also does anybody have any ideas of what might cause this.

Thanks in advance

Tp5harp.

Marc97
19-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Hey there, first, welcome to the forum, its a bit quiet here, you're sometimes lucky to get a reply on some things!!!!
Anyways, don't exactly know on the estate but the central locking motor on the saloon is next to the fuel filler neck inside the boot, maybe its around there somewhere. Have a mooch round, if it isn't there, let me know on here and I'll find out where it is.

Cheers,

Marc.

tp5harp
20-11-2006, 12:51 PM
I think you are right, when the pump kept trying to lock the car it sounded like it was coming from there.

I just hope its the pump, because then I can pick one up from a scrap yard. I hope it is nothing to do with the wiring, as the problem could be anywhere.

Looks like a fun weekend ahead.

morris5714
05-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Hiya

Just been reading up on the problem you had with your car last year! I seem to be having the same issue. Do you remember where the relevant fuse was in the fusebox as my fusebox makes no indication as to which is the correct one!

Thanks

greavesy
20-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Fuse for C/L is no 19 in the fusebox in my '94 avant. not sure what size as the diagram I have seen was for a car with heated door locks needing a 30A fuse.

As mine doesn't seem to ever have had a remote locking unit I don't think it can have heated door locks so i don't know what the correct fuse size is. My C/L currently not working and no fuse in the slot when I bought the car.