PDA

View Full Version : IBIZA MK2 GTI door mechanism problem

Kraig
24-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi,
Ive owned my seat ibiza gti 2.0 16v for a month now. Purchased it with central locking problems.
The remote on the key fob requires a re-sync so when i unlock/lock the car it is done manually with the key.
My problem is when i unlock the car it unlocks both (not always), though when it comes to locking it, it only locks the drivers door. The pump operates fine as you can hear it pumpin away lol.
We have stripped the passenger door mechanism and have sprayed all moving parts with wd40 to ensure no seizure. No problem there. We have tested the connection points on the actuator and all is fine.
I just cant understand how the door locks with this design of mechanism with the central locking. It appears to me that you have to do it manually when locking everytime.:confused:

Please help petrol heads.
Any help would be most appreciated.
Many thanks

darren_mcvicar
24-02-2008, 02:49 PM
theres gota be a fault somewhere buddy why not just replace the whole locking systym :confused:

Kraig
24-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Its obvious there is a fault. I just want to know if anyone has a similiar fault as its a common fault with the mk2 ibiza.
The actautor, pump and door mechanism operate fine.
I just need to know how it operates when locking so i can clarify this with mine.
Cheers

darren_mcvicar
24-02-2008, 03:43 PM
ask vagcom buddy;)

Kraig
26-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Nice1
Does any1 also know if i can convert the locking system with the vw golf mk4 electrical form?
This should cure it if i knew it would fit?!
Cheers

darren_mcvicar
26-02-2008, 06:46 PM
ask vag-com buddy;)