PDA

View Full Version : Golf 1.9 TDI (90bhp) clutch

amr1809
19-11-2006, 10:19 AM
I have been told that my clutch on my Golf Mk 4 1.9 TDI is very slighty beginning to wear. I notice it juddering sometimes whan i pull away. Mileage is 48k. The guy told me that it woud be £900 to change! This to me sounds way too much. Is this the current price for clutch replacement? I live in North London area. Also, how many miles can i expect to get out before the clutch goes completely? Will there be any warning signs? Is it worth my while getting it changed at a set interval? Thnks. Adam

adamss24
20-11-2006, 01:27 AM
Bull****. A clutch its designed to last over 150000 miles, but it wears out if you ride the clutch, do a lot of traffic lights races, tow caravans, etc. Manny people hold the peddal while at the traffic lights and usually its either the pressure plate that let go or the bearing. 900 quid its way too much, you will do 3 clutches for this price. Dont think even the dealer is charging that much ! Juddering its not a sign that the clutch is worn, when it bites right up at the max then you know its worn out.