PDA

View Full Version : audi a8 2005 check navigation dvd msg on MMI

billboos
23-02-2008, 09:51 PM
First time poster -- did a search with no results. Just bought a 2005 A8 which I love. Nav was working when bought and now get "check navigation DVD" Removed DVD and cleaned but no change. Power was off due to battery disconnect --- could this be the cause?
Thanks for any advice

hagis
24-02-2008, 12:24 AM
The head on the DVD player could be dirty, try getting a cleaner disk.

a8 tech
24-02-2008, 11:03 AM
iRead the measured value block 07 of the navigation. The value 03 indicates a correct access to the DVD. also consider the cdrom is damaged or the dvd drive unit defective.You have disconnected the battery so carry out a loop break test to ensure the optical circuit is ok and erase fault memory and cycle the igntion and repeat auto scan test,also reset the mmi via the setup return and soft touch key(its in the owners hand book)it will wake the networks up and possibly reboot the nav.If the nav unit is disconnected the fibre optic(most network)will store a fault as the loop has been broken.Or take it to your local Audi authorised A8 dealership for A8 licensed tech to check it. :beerchug:

billboos
24-02-2008, 04:30 PM
My thanks to hagis and a8 tech for quick replies. I'll work on it when I return home. Really glad I found this forum.:beerchug: