PDA

View Full Version : juddering or missfire

grumpyob
18-11-2006, 10:47 PM
hi all new to forum
have a 1994 audi 80 tdi 1z engine,
juddering at 1500 revs in 4+5th gears at light throttle.
can anyone help.
thanks ken.

Marc97
19-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Could be faulty throttle position switch, engine mountings, fuel filters, water in fuel, air in fuel. Might even be something else mate but any one of the above could be a possibility.

Cheers,

Marc.

grumpyob
19-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Could be faulty throttle position switch, engine mountings, fuel filters, water in fuel, air in fuel. Might even be something else mate but any one of the above could be a possibility.

Cheers,

Marc.
thanks for reply checked most what you say, but not checked throttle switch but will do
thanks ken.

Marc97
20-11-2006, 12:16 AM
Don't forget to let us know what it was when it gets fixed, its good for reference.

Cheers,

Marc.

R1ch
01-04-2007, 07:44 PM
I have a Audi 80 tdi 1992. had the same problem, but with not alot of power also! changed the fuel filter today, and the guddering as gone! but still no power. getting it checked tom, so hopefully will have some more answers.

midskev
05-04-2007, 03:43 PM
hi the juddering well iv cleaned out the inlet manifold and was it bad took a good cpl hours but well worth it also cleaned out the injectors new return pipes as old ones brittle all new vaccume hoses fitted its almost gone i say almost i also cleaned the maf with electrical contact cleaner and now lots more power more driveable and economical and no smoke so if u want to try any or all of these its well worh it u will notice a diffrence overall i tried diffrent n75s too but still running in the origanal onemight clean the intercooler next, if i sort it ill let u all know good luck

kev

Ryan80
06-04-2007, 03:32 PM
I think i might need to try cleaning out some of my bits! Is electrical contact cleaner the best thing to use on the maf? I suppose good old wd40 would damage it? lol

midskev
06-04-2007, 06:06 PM
nooooooooo nooooo noooooo not wd40 i used electrical contact cleaner that alone made a big difrence to the smoke, the inlet manifold was thick and well worth doing i droped the exhaust manifold with the turbo made it easer to get at took bout 3 hours altho am hour of that was shiftind the crud out of it go for it you will notice the diffrence

markfq300
10-10-2007, 03:42 PM
hi ken, yeh i had same intermitant problem, replaced sensor in front of turbo, part no:-028 906283, and this has cured the problem.

regards
mark. audi 80tdi 1995

audijay73
17-02-2008, 12:44 AM
:1zhelp:first timer hello all judderers and judderets i to have symptons of the judders power loss on hills .tried new maf or mas , new boost pipe ,changed egr valve, replaced thin vac pipes, blanked off egr serviced regular ,turbo whistles like jethro hurding sheep in .do they alwhistle can i make juddering history jay

micheal balbrig
17-02-2008, 02:05 PM
hi all new to forum
have a 1994 audi 80 tdi 1z engine,
juddering at 1500 revs in 4+5th gears at light throttle.
can anyone help.
thanks ken.

engine juddering can be caused by faulty electronic throttle control unit on top of injection pump this unit is not sold as seperate item

scotty33
17-02-2008, 05:38 PM
There's another big thread already devoted to this issue. If I remember right, the vehicle speed sensor can be the problem, disconnecting it cures judder but means no speedo! there is a wire that can be cut that alleviates this..
Another cause can be no.3 injector which has the needle lift sensor built in, A recon injector cures this.

Other Thread:http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12393