PDA

View Full Version : golf v6 4motion abs fault

rasper05
18-11-2006, 04:43 PM
Hi im new to this site and just hoped you can help me with a problem with my car. My vw golf v6 4motion abs light and traction cntrl light keeps coming on randomly sometimes it comes on when driving sometimes comes when i start the car and a warning omes up sayin "Brake fault" and "stop".

I took it to vw main dealer and they done a diagnostics check and came up that its a possible ecu control unit. I dont think its the sensors because i have done 3 seperate diagnostics and 2 told me its not the sensors. i have also changed fuse box on the battery at vw complete waste of money. If you could help i would be very greatfull

Raf

adamss24
18-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Do your tyres have the same size front and back? Also, did you had any susp mods/work recently ? Take the wheels one by one off and see if the sensors are plugged all the way and if you have a friend with a vag com, log onto the abs module and see what faults come up. Post their deffinition on the post and DO NOT change the module yet as it may be nothing wrong with so far.

boraowner
20-11-2006, 05:55 PM
i bought a bora v6 a few months back, and recently(4 weeks ago) the esp light came on the dashboard( round circle arrow with triangle inside, with exclamation mark in the middle) and has been on since. Its yellow in colour and is constant. The thing is dead annoying.
I dont know what to do as its my first vw car. I personally think it has too many sensors for its own good.
Anyway...it may be worth mentioning that the abs light comes on occasionally as well. After a restart its off again. It doesnt make sense. Can someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction.
appreciate and thanks in advance....

rasper05
22-11-2006, 07:08 PM
vw said thy might change the acceleration sensor. Could this be the problem and could i change it myself
:aargh4: