PDA

View Full Version : Screen wash leaking through boot...

anthonyrowles
22-02-2008, 07:04 PM
my mates skoda fabia '01 doesnt spray out of the jet, but instead, leaks through the boot.. i heard about this before but cant seem to find it! anyone help? thanks:beerchug:

AlPen
23-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi
I have a similar problem...rear screen wash still effective but a lot of fluid simultaneously pouring out of the bottom gap between the hatch lining and the hatch itself.
How do you take the lining off to access the pipe and its connection to the spray nozzle?
Could this leak have the 'spin-off' effect of affecting the operation of the external tail-gate release mechanism?
:confused:AlPen

Crasher
23-02-2008, 10:40 PM
There are coupling points which blow off and need reconnecting and securing with crimp clips or replacing with push on hose. I had to do three separate connections in my Octavia last week, one under the CD changer, one in the tailgate top and one at the motor itself. The wiring under the CD changer was severely damaged due to washer fluid salt corrosion.

AlPen
24-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi Crasher
Thanks for the information but how do you get the tail gate lining off to see and repair the source of the problem?
I can't see any obvious form of fixing and nI'm loathe to start poking around between the edges of the tail gate and its lining lest I do some damage that I'll later regret.
AlPen
:confused:

Crasher
24-02-2008, 01:59 PM
The lining and surrounds are held on with ratchet clips that need a hell of a pull to release and often the trims and liner break and crack.

AlPen
24-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Hi Crasher
Thanks for the speedy response.
Oh! unalloyed joy! Will my decrepit, senile muscles be up to such efforts?
I'll have a go on Monday and let you know how much damage I've caused!
AlPen
:aargh4:

murray26775
24-02-2008, 07:30 PM
if the clips that hold it on are plastic, its best not to pull too slowly. a quick yank should do liest damage. it might pull the clips from the lining and leave them in the boot door. no prob, you just have to take them out and refit them onto the panel. it will sound like you are doing damage to the panel but i used to fit car windows for living and i got the door panels off on most makes and models this way, minimal damage each time, a few axceptions of cource but as long as you dont kink the panel itself it will go back on the way it should. let me know how you get on. if you break a few clips all you do is space them out evenly over the panel (or buy new ones) but in my expierience you should only damage one or two. hope this helps

AlPen
24-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Hi Murray

Thanks for your input. Trying to find something to get-a-hold of whilst I give it a "quick yank" is a bit difficult but we'll see what tomorrow brings when I have a go at it.
AlPen
:approve:

AlPen
25-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Hi and Thank you all you helpful people

Brute strength and patience got the lining off, the nozzle was reconnected and secured in a trice but then...Oh why was I so bothered about getting it off? Putting it back on again nearly drove me to distraction.
However one hour later, job well done.

Thanks again for all your advice...and not one spring broken!
AlPen
:biglaugh::biglaugh: