PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the wing mirror cover (a4 1998)

scottya4
22-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Hi,

Someone kindly drove too close to my car while i was away, and as a result, the plastic covering on the back of the wing mirror is smashed to pieces. Does anyone know of a quick guide for removing/replacing them? I'm sure it should be simple but i'm clueless with such things.

Many thanks!

kenney
22-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Hi You need to remove the mirror first you will then be able to see the procedure to remove the housing

scottya4
22-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Hi You need to remove the mirror first you will then be able to see the procedure to remove the housing

In that case do you know how to remove the mirror? Sorry i am just totally useless with cars!

kenney
22-02-2008, 07:58 PM
‒ Protect top and bottom of mirror housing from damage with fabric-backed adhesive tape.
‒ Lever off mirror glass at the bottom first, then at the top.If you have an old butter knife bend the tip of it 90 degrees you place the tip behind the mirror and pull

scottya4
22-02-2008, 08:52 PM
‒ Protect top and bottom of mirror housing from damage with fabric-backed adhesive tape.
‒ Lever off mirror glass at the bottom first, then at the top.If you have an old butter knife bend the tip of it 90 degrees you place the tip behind the mirror and pull

Ah right simple as that :) I first though you meant take the whole mirror off! :) Thats great, thanks very much for your help :)