PDA

View Full Version : polo '96 back wiper????

samacus
22-02-2008, 05:10 PM
hey i have just bought a 96 polo and i was wondering how to work the rear window wiper, either mine is broken or there is somthing im not doing plz help thanx

jkyagz
22-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Hi, press the top of the front wiper lever, that should work.

JK

samacus
22-02-2008, 06:17 PM
that just makes the front wiper go on a slow speed, i think there may be sumthing wrong with the motor

mrs.f
23-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Hi
I have a lupo but i used to have polo around same year, if i remember rightly, it was you pushed the front wiper stick away from you,
I think to use washer, you pulled it towards you.
hope this helps.
mrs.f

witblitz
25-03-2008, 04:20 PM
If you have still not been able to get the back wiper to work it is a good idea to check the fuse. I have a 2003 polo which kept popping a fuse, it turned out that one of the wires that runs from the main body into the hatch had worn out from opening and closing, this caused the fuse to go.

Andrew White
27-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Hi, I have the same model polo and unless of course it is infact the fuse the only way to opperate the rear wiper is to push the stalk away from you, this should spray the back window, and start the wiper immediatly, if it is quickly pushed for a second or two the wiper will continue on the intermitant setting untill the stalk is pressed again, if it is held for more that five seconds the wiper shall wipe with the sprayer and stop shortly after.
I hope this is helpful
Andrew White.