PDA

View Full Version : im looking for a gearbox

cooper mk3 golf
18-11-2006, 03:11 PM
hello vw freinds,;)
i have a bad problem looking for a gaerbox for my golf 1.4se 1995
at first i was told it would not be a problem as many are the same from the vw range ha
that was all to change when i told them the transmisson code"aex"
both engine and gearbox are origonal from this car but no-body lists this code and it seems like no others fit:( .
even vw dealers hae had problems matching my engine to my gearbox and say ive got it wrong feeling stupid been told this i have taken my car to 3 differnt places which have agreed with me and said no part has been changed but they du not kist the gearbox

thanks for reading
can any 1 help:1zhelp:

hal_55
02-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Hello,

I had the same problem as yourself as I have a golf mk3 1.4 and could not find the right gearbox code from anywhere. So what I did was call VW and explain I cannot get the correct code gearbox for the engine AEX. What they can do is give you an alternative code which will fit onto your engine without a problem but it takes time pushing them to check this for you. Give it a try and let me know as my cars in the garage getting a new engine i will check what code is now on my gearbox and let u know.

YOU say your gearbox code is AEX thats your engine code: There is a sticker where your spare tyre is im 99.9% sure thats the engine code as i have got the same code for my engine. On the sticker where it says AEX there should be another code first 3 lettes should be you gearbox code.

Hal