PDA

View Full Version : A4 Cabrio 2.0T FSi S- line- Front LSD? Differential and Tuning / Chipping

CyrusJH
22-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Hi there,

New to the Forum and need some help.

I took delivery of a new A4 Cabrio 2.0T FSi S- line in November '07 and now the engine has loosened up a bit I am looking for a bit more ooomph and a better way to put the power down. I am hoping that chipping or / and engine remap will sort out the throttle response but am very confused over which one to go for - I was looking at the APR switchable remap - does anyone have any ideas or better suggestions? or even comments on this system

I was also looking to see if a front LSD would be a good idea as, with extra power, I am wondering if it would help the power delivery and handling balance when accelerating out of corners? Can anyone suggest any installers that specialse in this kind of work? Any suggestion as to make and model of differentials that work with this car?

Any help would be greatly accepted!!!!

Cheers - Cyrus :beerchug:

browellm
22-02-2008, 03:41 PM
wrong forum mate.

CyrusJH
22-02-2008, 03:51 PM
wrong forum mate.
So which forum should I have posted in?

browellm
22-02-2008, 03:53 PM
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Pick whichever is you model year, and post it in there.

dansansome
22-02-2008, 03:59 PM
the audi B7 forum. the B8 is the new generation (UK release tomorrow)

im sure a mod will move this for you :)

i havent got any experience with the APR tuning remaps, but im also interested in their selectable maps, and especially their ECU lockout map thing which stops the engine firing. what a great idea.

you might want to checl out some of the site sponsors. amongst others, there are Chip n spin who are part of chipped uk, who are having a group meet/discounted remap and rolling road day on the 12th april.

RS tuning also support the site and perform remaps.

i have also heard of jabba motorsport (i think) who will do custom remaps for your car, which smooth out any flat spots in the bhp/torgue curves. im sure other firms offer this service too.

i think the 2.0T (200bhp) can get sensible power gains up to around 240bhp.

RSTuning
22-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Hi

The last 200 hp tfsi we did made something like 202 stock and 255 after mapping. Torque went upto 305lbft peak from 230lbft!

This was a totally standard Octy TFSI

They are a very nice engine to tune and drive fantastic after the map.

Paul

CyrusJH
22-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Hey Paul - Is your remap switchable back to full factory spec and can it be overwritten by the dealer if they do an update?

Also do you install any kind of Front Wheel LSD to get the power down? If so, how much for the chipping and how much for the LSD?

I would be really interested to know as I would really like to get more power down in the corners. Also, do you do revised anti role bars and cold air intake systems? Please let me know?

Many thanks for all the info - Cyrus

RSTuning
22-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Quaife might be able to supply an LSD for your car but from the ones we have tuned they can still put the power down very well as the torque curve is nice and smooth. Like factory spec but more :)

We can offer our remap @ £445 fully setup to your needs on the rolling road.

We also have a remote tuning device which allows you to select between the original software and 2 modifications. This is £200 but can also be used as a fault code reader.

Of course if you didnt want the box we can return your car to standard FOC.

Cheers

Paul