PDA

View Full Version : Advice on purchasing an A4 plz

NeilNI
22-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Hi All

I'm just new to the forum - currently looking to buy my first Audi. I had been thinking about an A4 - tempted by the S Line because of the extras. I had looked an a 2.0T Petrol 220bp with a good bit of kit on board at the local Audi dealership - List price was nearly 29k and was going for 25k with only 500 miles on the clock. Thought this was a good deal but since heard about a guy who purchased the same motor with the same kind of spec for just under 21k and it only had the delivery miles on it. Had heard that the value of these motors had dropped like a bomb with the new A4 S Line in the pipeline and also that dealers were very keen to get them off their forecourts. Was just curious if anyone had any views on buying a demo/stock model of the S Line and what your thoughts are on the pricing.

Many Thanks

Neil

Brandenburger
23-02-2008, 12:07 PM
You are right about the out going A4 and its prices ,my dad is looking for an S line model at the moment and what they are asking is way too much, now that the latest A4 has arrived i think it would be wise to wait a couple of months and go haggle a deal then,when they realize people do not have to pay £25000 for an old shape car.

d3x
23-02-2008, 08:20 PM
I found the exact opposite in fact, many dealers are flogging their 'old shape' stock to make room for the new A4s. To the point of getting myself an extremely tidy B7 S-Line 2.0TDi recently at knock-down rates. Don't be afraid to travel either, the one I eventually got was 80 miles away on the west coast, but God it was worth the viewing, and the 80 mile slog cross-country after picking it up was heaven.

Brandenburger
27-02-2008, 11:02 PM
I got my A3 2.0TDI SE S tronic 07 plate, current shape delivered to my driveway from Lincoln Audi on a lunchtime so was able to go back to work in my new car which believe it or not was £1500 less than cars two years older than it i am a very happy man.