PDA

View Full Version : Ordered today

browellm
22-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Unfortunately, the new S-Line models are outside of my company car banding, so I ordered the SE version in the siggy today.

I added the Sports Seats at the last minute. I figured that if I am doing 25k mpa, I might as well have something reasonable to sit on.

It was a very close call between this and a BMW 520d SE, but I chose the A4 becuase I used to have a fully loaded 530d, and I fancied a change. This will be my first Audi ownership. :D

Satch
22-02-2008, 04:43 PM
What colour? When is delivery due?

Satch
22-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Doh !! :o

I see now, On order: B8 A4 2.0TDi SE, Lava Grey/Black, Sports Seats, B&O, Cruise Control, Bluetooth

Nice.:beerchug:

Foringo
22-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Congratulations…I'm shortly going to be a first time AUDI owner too.

I spent several weeks looking at the Mercedes C Class 220d v the A4 and although the C was a nice car I preferred the understated, sporty and less crusty looks of the Audi. I know the press really rate the BMW 3 series highly but I just don’t like the looks of it especially its hindquarters which to me looks like a Hyundai and the ride is just too hard! Also it is due to be face lifted later this year (it needs it) which will make the current model less saleable. I did consider the new Citroen C5 (yes really) but the main thing against it was piano falling off roof depreciation…which will only get worse as Citroen mercilessly discount it....the woes of being a private buyer! Any idea when you are going to get yours? I ordered late Jan and I’m expecting delivery end of April (worse case scenario I’m told!) but no firm date yet. PS Ignore the latest What Car? & buy this week’s Autoexpress!
On Order: B8 A4 2.7TDI Multitronic SE, Deep Sea Blue, Milano leather heated seats, park system +, tyre monitoring, folding mirrors, auto hill hold, light pack, sat nav……but no xenons...grrrrr!

Satch
22-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Ordered mine mid January, delivery confirmed end of March early April.
Brilliant red, no xenons.:zx11:

browellm
22-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Foringo, no idea when the car will arrive, but I'm guessing May/June.

I agree with you about What Car. Terrible rag, they couldn't even be bothered to give correct information about Xenon light availability - and this was in a cover story review. Lazy jounalism.

I saw the Autoexpress review online 1st placed A4, 2nd 320d, 3rd C220, 4th Mondeo.

Nice review, but slightly naughty because the A4 was well loaded with extras compared to the rest :p

Foringo
22-02-2008, 05:50 PM
For anybody interested the Autoexpress review can be viewed online...for free!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/grouptests/217320/audi_a4_vs_rivals.html

paul b
23-02-2008, 12:26 AM
Congratulations…I'm shortly going to be a first time AUDI owner too.

I spent several weeks looking at the Mercedes C Class 220d v the A4 and although the C was a nice car I preferred the understated, sporty and less crusty looks of the Audi. I know the press really rate the BMW 3 series highly but I just don’t like the looks of it especially its hindquarters which to me looks like a Hyundai and the ride is just too hard! Also it is due to be face lifted later this year (it needs it) which will make the current model less saleable. I did consider the new Citroen C5 (yes really) but the main thing against it was piano falling off roof depreciation…which will only get worse as Citroen mercilessly discount it....the woes of being a private buyer! Any idea when you are going to get yours? I ordered late Jan and I’m expecting delivery end of April (worse case scenario I’m told!) but no firm date yet. PS Ignore the latest What Car? & buy this week’s Autoexpress!
On Order: B8 A4 2.7TDI Multitronic SE, Deep Sea Blue, Milano leather heated seats, park system +, tyre monitoring, folding mirrors, auto hill hold, light pack, sat nav……but no xenons...grrrrr!
C220D. You must be joking. The C actually stands for crap class. I know, I had one. It was a C200 petrol auto, it was dangerously slow, yet there was nothing wrong as I had it from new and it was driving the same after 35k.
Paul

Vinnyg
24-02-2008, 01:17 AM
Ordered mine way back in October, seems ages ago now! Was originally scheduled for delivery 1st March but now have a build date of 3rd March so another few weeks to wait (end of March apparently).

2.0 TDI SE, lava grey, leather/alcantara sports seats, symphony stereo, B&O speaker package, folding/heated/auto-dimming mirrors, parking plus and cruise control.

Satch
24-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Ordered mine way back in October, seems ages ago now! Was originally scheduled for delivery 1st March but now have a build date of 3rd March so another few weeks to wait (end of March apparently).

2.0 TDI SE, lava grey, leather/alcantara sports seats, symphony stereo, B&O speaker package, folding/heated/auto-dimming mirrors, parking plus and cruise control.

Are you getting xenon LED DRL's, I was told that orders before November where being honoured?

Vinnyg
24-02-2008, 05:46 PM
I believe so. Unfortunately it appears my company's
broker didn't argue very much!