PDA

View Full Version : Free Bang & Olufsen option with new A4

AUDI-NUT
21-02-2008, 05:05 PM
To all you people out there that ordered the new A4 - I was told when ordering my S-Line last year that Audi were offering the Bang & Olufsen optional stereo kit as a freebie.

I have heard this from a number of sources now and wonder if anyone out there can shed some light as I am going into spec up the car this weekend and want to make sure I am not missing a trick.

And does anyone have a proper picture of the lava grey model?

Thanks

browellm
21-02-2008, 08:31 PM
To all you people out there that ordered the new A4 - I was told when ordering my S-Line last year that Audi were offering the Bang & Olufsen optional stereo kit as a freebie.

I have heard this from a number of sources now and wonder if anyone out there can shed some light as I am going into spec up the car this weekend and want to make sure I am not missing a trick.

And does anyone have a proper picture of the lava grey model?

Thanks

First I have heard of free B&O, I would have thought this would be an easy £525 for Audi.

Good Lava Grey Pics here, I have seen it in the flesh and it's great.

http://www.audisport-iberica.com/foro/index.php?showtopic=133819

paul b
21-02-2008, 11:26 PM
Those leather seats just look the business!

AUDI-NUT
22-02-2008, 03:34 PM
First I have heard of free B&O, I would have thought this would be an easy £525 for Audi.

Good Lava Grey Pics here, I have seen it in the flesh and it's great.

http://www.audisport-iberica.com/foro/index.php?showtopic=133819

I have now learnt that the free B&O system is for existing Audi owners only.

I have clicked on the link but unless my eyes deceive me that car is White
not lava Grey?

browellm
22-02-2008, 03:40 PM
lol, what are you looking at :confused:. There are lots of pics in the thread, they're all lava grey.

AUDI-NUT
22-02-2008, 04:06 PM
lol, what are you looking at :confused:. There are lots of pics in the thread, they're all lava grey.

I wondered why everyone keeps laughing at my shirt and tie combinations!!

Thanks

browellm
22-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Did it work now?

Here is one of the pics in case it didn't:

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/774/img1017redimensionarxi9.jpg

jetset
25-02-2008, 06:37 PM
I have now learnt that the free B&O system is for existing Audi owners only.

I have clicked on the link but unless my eyes deceive me that car is White
not lava Grey?

I got a mailshot from the dealers - place an order before end-Feb on a new A4 for delivery April/May (I seem to remember) and you get a free B&O hifi (for the house, not car).

Didn't take a lot of notice, to be honest - not in the market for a new one just yet...

AUDI-NUT
26-02-2008, 08:01 AM
Did it work now?

Here is one of the pics in case it didn't:

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/774/img1017redimensionarxi9.jpg

Thanks for the pic - I actually went to take a look at one at the dealer and its an okay colour but basically Black and I do not want a black car again. You are forever having to wash the damn things......Ice Silver for me.

Foringo
26-02-2008, 06:39 PM
This car is definitely growing on me and it looks better each time I see photos of it!...I was thinking about this light interior as I thought it would go well with the Deep Sea Blue.....but the carpet wouldn't stay that colour for long...so I went for boring black instead! Does anybody know what the buttons(?) are for on the end of the Driver's door? It might be a common Audi feature but I can't think what they can be and I can't make out the symbols! It looks like they are only accessible when the door's open??

http://http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0929redimensionarhk9.jpg (http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0929redimensionarhk9.jpg")

browellm
26-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Looks to me like an override for the anti car-jacking alarm system. For example, when you need the car loading onto a tow-truck and you don't want the alarm going off. Just my guess.

Fixed your link too :) http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0929redimensionarhk9.jpg

Foringo
26-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks Browellm, I was struggling!

You are probably right as the symbols appear to fit!

smac1968
03-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Just received my new A4 20.0TDi SE on Saturday. Came with B&O sound system, it is amazing, basically a superb Hi-Fi on wheels....

This free upgrade is available to existing Audi owners....sometimes they don't tell you, as it is supposed to be a surprise when you lick up your car!!

In general the whole car is great, lots of improvements on my B7 (05 Plate). Longer, more rear leg room, larger boot, Dashboard is better. My one is Meteor Grey great colour as well.....only had it for 2 days so still learning.

Scott

browellm
03-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Congrats Scott, hope you can post more info when you get to grips with it all. :beerchug:

Pics would be nice too :)

jeston
20-03-2008, 08:10 PM
yeah ive been told that i will be getting the B&O system as a freebie :)

what concerns me more is that to get the ipod connection option you would have to fork out the £2k on the sat nav system. bit of a joke if you ask me since the previous model had a much cheaper option

moptisam2
21-03-2008, 06:55 AM
Jeston,

why not take advantage of the SD card reader? I'm in the process of transferring a 40 year collection of records/cds (though I'm mostly stuck in a music time warp of 1963 to 1975) onto the computer, then onto sd card.

The last 4 gb card I did contains over 70 cds.

the_gasman
21-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Jeston,

why not take advantage of the SD card reader?

Can anybody who actually has the B & O soundsystem confirm whether it actually has the SD reader slot? It is not clear from the brochure whether the B&O system has the SD reader, or whether only the Concert radio has it.

Thanks,

Martin

smac1968
21-03-2008, 12:02 PM
The B&O sound system, does not change the actual radio/cd part. The standard Concert System has a SD reader, and single CD. I thought about upgrading to the Symphony which has a 6 CD, but thought what's the point giving the SD reader.

The B&O part is amplifiers and 14 speakers. Sound rommit is superb, it is not a car but a hi-fi on wheels.....

gtrevor
21-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Does anybody know what the buttons(?) are for on the end of the Driver's door? It might be a common Audi feature but I can't think what they can be and I can't make out the symbols! It looks like they are only accessible when the door's open??

From memory, one is for opening the boot, one is for disabling the alarm interior sensors, and can't remember what the 3rd is...

never use any of the buttons basically :D

smac1968
22-03-2008, 11:33 AM
The buttons on the door edge, are for:

1. to disable the interior sensors for the alarm - useful if pet in car etc. I use mine when at petrol station, and kids in car, otherwise when you lock it (so stop someone stealing it..or worse you're kids), then the alarm won't go of, if they move about.

2. to diable the tilt alarm, this would be required if you were getting towed by a breakdown truck, again when locked the alarm would go off.

On the B7 they were on the down in the footwell area.

hope this helps

alexcf
27-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Hi,

Guys, I just tried to speak to my leasing company about upgrading to the B&O sound system, they've said that the only thing they can do is get it installed *after*, and I would have to pay the dealer, so what I'm thinking is, if the stock system is crap, then I'll consider upgrading.

Anyone know if this is actually possible?

Thanks in advance!

ScottC25
27-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Just joined this forum to get some info on the new A4, always find that folk on these forums tend to know more than staff at the dealers. What are the chances of getting a dealer to agree to the free B&O upgrade for someone who wasn't a previous Audi owner. Seriously tempted to order one for my next car as I am due a change now but would be trying to force the dealer to give the upgrade or I threaten to go elsewhere, what are the chances?

Loyal customers need rewarding I agree with that, but if they like Audis they will come back anyway, however knowing that this exists and not available to me is likely to make me choose a different manufacturer on a point of principle.

Also planning to wait to see if further engine choices become available as the current offerings are not perfect.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide

AUDI-NUT
28-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Just joined this forum to get some info on the new A4, always find that folk on these forums tend to know more than staff at the dealers. What are the chances of getting a dealer to agree to the free B&O upgrade for someone who wasn't a previous Audi owner. Seriously tempted to order one for my next car as I am due a change now but would be trying to force the dealer to give the upgrade or I threaten to go elsewhere, what are the chances?

Loyal customers need rewarding I agree with that, but if they like Audis they will come back anyway, however knowing that this exists and not available to me is likely to make me choose a different manufacturer on a point of principle.

Also planning to wait to see if further engine choices become available as the current offerings are not perfect.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide

I have ordered the S-Line and managed to get the dealer to throw in the B&O free. I argued that I ordered the car early and committed to the Audi brand and didn't matter that I wasn't an existing Audi owner. It was a bit of a fight but that did it.

alexcf
28-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Annoyingly as the offer ran out at the end of Feb, the odds of them sticking to it are really slim.

Audi-Nut, loving the style ;), much the same as I would have used if I was going direct, but alas, Arval pulled an amazingly good deal out of the pit of desire.

kkwan18
06-04-2008, 12:05 AM
did you get a square silver evelope from Audi them self, it Offer the B&O free, thats before i order my A4 before Christmas.;)

digigriffin
07-04-2008, 12:54 PM
I questioned my dealer about this...

He said it was for existing owners and Audi will check the ownership and registration before paying the dealership for the B&O.

If the dealership gives this to someone who is not a current audi owner the dealer must cover the cost.

My dealer seemed to think that some dealships were not aware of this clause.

So if you get this having not been a current audi owner good luck as you have got a better deal from the dealer possibly without the dealer knowing it was going to cost them.

paul b
07-04-2008, 10:41 PM
I think I've just heard that Bang & Olufsen has gone bust!

How does this effect all of the new B8s and their owners. Do the ones currently being made have to be sent back, or do Audi have this under control?

Paul

browellm
07-04-2008, 10:44 PM
I think I've just heard that Bang & Olufsen has gone bust!

Paul

Sauce please.

paul b
07-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Well, I say "I", I mean my wife says she heard it on the radio on the way home. But this link proves they are in trouble:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7296961.stm

Paul

alexcf
07-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Actually, that's interesting you mention that. The B&O shop had an "Audi OOOO" sticker in their window, which then was taken down.. Makes more sense now!

kkwan18
07-04-2008, 11:20 PM
B&O still have car audio on their web page (for AUDI's)

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=380

browellm
08-04-2008, 05:10 PM
A profits warning is not quite the same as going out of business, thanks for the link though.

paul b
08-04-2008, 11:21 PM
A profits warning is not quite the same as going out of business, thanks for the link though.
Yeah well, it was wifey who said they had gone out of business, though I could not find an article about that, just that they were in trouble, so she's got some explaining to do...

Paul

alexcf
08-04-2008, 11:39 PM
I'm sure you'll give her a good seeing to from all of us at Audi B8 section :p

paul b
08-04-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm sure you'll give her a good seeing to from all of us at Audi B8 section :p
Dopey woman! She says sorry. :o

"Well is that it!" I say.

Paul