PDA

View Full Version : Door light not working. Help needed please

popin
21-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Golf MKiv 1.9 GT TDI 150. 2002 Four Door

Hi guys,

About 2 months ago my central locking started playing up and the drivers door would not unlock, although when I double clicked the key fob all the other doors unlocked as they should. I could open the door using the key in the lock, and the door would unlock when I used the door lock/unlock button on the inside of the drivers door. By operating the unlock/lock button repeatedly for about 30 secs the lock started to work again, and has ever since. But now my light on the drivers door, the interior light and the side lights alarm does not work when the door is opened. Also the symbol on the dash to say that the door is open does not light up. Everything works fine on the passenger side.
Can this be fixed with Vag-Com, or is it one of the microswitches I have read about that are in the door handles? If it is a new handle that is required, how much are they and what sort of a job is it to replace? Do I need to get a handle from the dealers? Mine are colour coded, can the exterior part of the handle be retained to prevent having to paint the new handle?
Your help would be much appreciated.

kenney
21-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Hi It is not he door handle,it is the door lock, you need replacing, the micro switch is in it.

popin
21-02-2008, 11:26 PM
Thanks Kenney,
Any idea how much from the dealers? Can I get one from anywhere els?
Does the system have to be reset using vag Com?

Zubair
22-02-2008, 02:26 AM
ive got a problem with the passenger side, the light on the door comes on sometimes and some times it dosnt when the doors open? what could that be a problem with?

popin
22-02-2008, 02:46 AM
When the light is not on, does the symbol on the dash show the door is open?

Zubair
22-02-2008, 09:04 PM
ive got the older version of the golf..1999 so i dnt have the door thing on the dash...but the light tht shows the door is open comes on..but the door one is tempermental...? i dont understand it?

Gt_Tdi_rich
22-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks Kenney,
Any idea how much from the dealers? Can I get one from anywhere els?
Does the system have to be reset using vag Com?

I have the same prob with mine in process of getting done if u just open the door a bit and lean on the door it works but soon as fully open it does not i can here a clicking in the door latch assembly looks like it a door card of Joby to replace the mirco switch.
:(