PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought MK4 GT TDi 115

stevee_p
17-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Hi all, just bought the 115 GT TDI, and im already interested in getting it re-mapped by angel tuning to 165bhp. However, its not the BHP figure im that bothered about, its the increase in torque. Does anyone know/have experince of this company, or even just getting the 115 re-mapped. Is it worth the £350? For the money, a 50bhp increase is great, but how does the VW engine cope, ie the clutch and gearbox, brakes etc cope witht this? Any torque figures anyone could post to show me?
Thanks
Stevee_p :Blush:

Pigdog
21-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Hi,
I've just bought the same car and spoke to angle tuning regarding the re-map. They quoted 285 lb ft of torque, up from 215. They also quoted £300 on the phone! Now even more tempting.......

Anyone had any experience of the company?

doriclad
21-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Hi. I have a Mk4 115 which was chipped by Superchips a few years ago. It cost around £500. It is definitely worth getting done. The increase in torque is extremely noticeable rising from approx 275Nm to about 400Nm. This is great in 4th and possibly 5th gear when you are about to overtake or pull up an incline. The BHP increase isn't bad either although your right - it doesn't really matter as you are only getting max power at about 4000rpm and you get the best out of the car at around 2000rpm where the torque is greatest. It should also improve consumption. I was told a while ago by Superchips that the best remap they did was on the 115 as they got the best increase in torque and power over any other model.

adamss24
21-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Hi, there is no way a remap will return that much torque without major work:bigger injectors, bigger pump, aftermarket filter and cat back exhaust and i doubt superchips will do all that for 500 notes. I think 400 Nm is waaaaaay to optimistic and that torque will play havoc with your clutch, gearbox and will break a driveshaft every other week. I am not talking about bending conrods and breaking head bolts...with that torque you should put about 200 Hp at the wheels and NO WAY your turbo will hold the boost to make that power. The best PD to tune is the 150 GT TDI that will tune easy to 200-220 bhp and has stronger internals(stronger CCG block, crank, pistons, rods, head bolts, bigger injectors, upgraded ECU, different turbocharger and a higher flow pump+ a lower compression) and its well thirsty as is...so if you wanna embarass petrol cars i sugest tunning one. I preffer the V6 TDI as its as powerfull and the power delivery its much smoother and it doesnt snaps my neck every time i boot it. Peace !:-)

AWH
23-11-2006, 09:16 PM
i have the 130bhp model, and was thinking about chipping/remapping. BUT have you considered the impact on the ABS system, and the tyres?

Mine does wheel spin a lilttle too much already! Let alone with more Nm of torque!