PDA

View Full Version : Audi 1.9TDi Quattro Avant

Bobkat
21-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Hi All,

I have a 1.9tdi Audi A4 Quattro Avant 98 model. There is an intermittent problem whereas when I go over 3000 revs the turbo seems to lacking!!! However if you switch the car off it rectifies itself. This happens now & again but lately it is more frequent! I have had a diagnostic but no faults were found. Can anybody help?? I have been told the car seems to be going into safe mode?? Which I don't know why:(

avspider
24-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi, did you find the fault? As i've got an identical problem on my '96 A4 tdi

Bobkat
24-02-2008, 10:45 PM
No,

I'm still waiting for a positive reply but I was told by a mechanic that it could be something to do with the manifold sensor????

adele562
27-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Hay, did any of you solve the problem with audi? im having similar problems with my a4 avant! i have tried almost everything so would be greatful if you could let me know

if not i can let you know what i have done to my car to save you both money lol
adele

Bobkat
27-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Hi Mate,

Still nothing - I had a diagnostic on it & this did not bring up anything!!!:mad:

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks Bobby

Emily's dad
27-02-2008, 06:32 PM
It sounds like the turbo overboost problem I had.

It has been mentioned in other threads and on other forums which deal with VW/AUDI 1.9TDI engines.

A quick search of the phrase overboost should bring up some suggestions

Dave.

adele562
27-02-2008, 06:39 PM
my car is cutting out now when i rev over 3rpm :zx11: it dropped a valve so i got all that fixed and 300 miles later the same thing happened i got a new engine and it still wont rev over 3rpm, the new engine was checked in the old car and ran fine!!! ive also had the ecu tested and nothing!

adele562
28-02-2008, 10:44 PM
you should change the air flow meter and see if that helps

Bobkat
29-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Air Flow Meter has been changed! We have the same problem on my Dad's VW Passat Sport so this must mean it is a common fault which Audi & Volkswagen know about:mad:

adele562
29-02-2008, 01:11 PM
i know its not the turbo or anything on the engine as its had an engine change, i have phoned people up and down the contry and no audi expert seems to know the problem, but from reading most of the threads ion this i find that hard to belive! i am refusing to take the car to audi simply because of the cost but its looking as though im going to have to! have you checked all the hoses to the turbo? mine has got be a damaged wire or conector as ive also had the ecu sent away to a company in sheffield and it came back as new ???:confused:

Bobkat
29-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Hi,

I agree with you AUDI seem to know nothing about this problem! NOT!!!:zx11:

After reading the forums I'm going to replace the EGR Valve & see if this sorts the problem out Audi Part Number 1H0906627. You can get this from Euro Parts for approx £59 + Vat it is £20 cheaper than Audi Dealership. I think they call it a Pressure Convertor! I think Audi will only wake up to the situation & put their hands up when somebody has an accident or worse!!!!! :mad:

avspider
01-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Try cleaning the hot side of the turbo first!! I did and it's so much better

adele562
02-03-2008, 10:59 AM
your right and even then most of the cars with problem are 3 years old and more like mine so thay prob wont take anything to do with it! we are changing the accelerator pedal today! coz its fly by wire (if i have that right!) theres a box on the side of the pedal that has a chip board in it (I opened it this morning) so i'll let you know how we get on with thiat.

before the audi i only ever had vauxhalls! (in the good days) one of the used to not idle properly and would shudder on the off take and stall but once your re-started it, it corrected its self and i was told it was the EGR valve! i replaced the air flow meter and the idle control valve and the thing ran like a dream, but different car so not sure if it would be the same .

adele562
05-03-2008, 12:46 PM
hay just to let you know i changed the accelerator pedal (its got a wee electronic box on it) and it made no difference! :mad:

Bobkat
07-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Hi,

I know it's been a longtime but thought I would let people know what sorted my A4 out!

I have a friend who works for the AA - He cleaned all the pipes to the turbo -cleaned out the EGR Valve & cleaned the actuator!

Hey presto it's working !!!:biglaugh:

If I took it to Audi they would have charged me the earth but I hope this helps other users because it is a common fault but Audi will go through the motions of diagnostic.... blah blah... just to incur more cost to the customer!

adele562
08-05-2008, 08:17 AM
:o hay i have the audi a4 19tdi ahu which was cutting out when reved over 3rpm. lots of money spent on trying to fix the car, :mad:

CRANKSHAFT SENSOR!!!!! :confused::confused: car runs like a dream now!