PDA

View Full Version : VW TRANSPORTER 2.5TDI

stankeeler
17-11-2006, 02:46 AM
:1zhelp: Hi, I have an 88 bhp 2.5 TDI Transporter which I would like to upgrade to the 102 bhp version., or slightly higher.

Is this possible and how would I go about it. Simple techinical language advice would be appreciated as the last time I was under the bonnet of a vehicle it had carburettors and a magneto.

Thanks

adamss24
17-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Change the nozzles from the 150 Hp Transporter(or from the 140 Hp old shape A6), add a tuning box(or a remap), a free flow air filter and a cat back exhaust and that should bring you to about 130-140 Hp without major work. All in about 500 pounds. You may wanna upgrade the brakes after that and add some wider/bigger wheels to maximize grip. And you should invest into a vag-com interface and a cheap/old laptop to keep an eye on the engine. Service properly with good oils and genuine filters and should be pretty much trouble free. See when the cambelt was replaced as by tuning the engine, it also puts more strain on the timing belt and may break/fail without notice/early. If you feel that the clutch is slipping, you may wanna change that also, but then, why not sell your transporter and buy a factory 150 Hp one ?!! Regards.