PDA

View Full Version : steamy windows

Ian Mac
16-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Hi, new member, I have had my 2003 tt since may :Blush: and have an intermitant problem with the windows :( . Some time after I have parked and locked up, both windows self wind down by the same amount. This has happened 3 times since May.

Has anyone heard of this problem and was it expensive to fix, must I go to the dealer?:1zhelp:

hope u can hep

A6 Le Mans
22-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Hi, new member, I have had my 2003 tt since may :Blush: and have an intermitant problem with the windows :( . Some time after I have parked and locked up, both windows self wind down by the same amount. This has happened 3 times since May.

Has anyone heard of this problem and was it expensive to fix, must I go to the dealer?:1zhelp:

hope u can hep

Ian

I bought a brand new TT 225 Coupe in Sept 2004. The car was sold on for larger family vehicle 18 months later....much to my regret, however I did suffer with this problem on mine.

I was told by the main dealer back in 2004/5 that Audi were aware of the problem and were looking into a fix. I would be surprised if they still have not rectified this problem by now.

I also seem to remember the dealer telling me, that this will happen if both doors are closed within 2 seconds of eachother, then one (Pax side) or both windows can wind down an inch or two.

It's bloody anoying because when it first happened to me, I had parked it at work on a particularly rainy day, closed the door and locked the car as I ran off to get in the dry, and without me realising, the pax side window had lowered itself by about two inches. It poured with rain all day and when I returned to my new car I found the pax seat covered in water and the carpet was soaked. I was less than amused.

The dealer knows of this fault. Surely they have a fix for it by now.

Regards

Mike