PDA

View Full Version : New A8 - any problems?

geoffrees
20-02-2008, 10:53 AM
I am just about to take delivery of a 2007 A8 3.0 TDi Sport, 800 miles on the clock (ex demonstrator) direct from the local dealer. I droave it on Saturday after narrowing down my search to 3 cars - the A8, Merc CLS and BMW 7 (my current car). The A8 knocks the spots off the Merc - no comparison in build quality. I neve even got to driving the Beemer as I was so impressed with the Audi.
Now that I have taken the plunge I hope that I have no regrets - is there anything I should be looking for, or any drawbacks that anyone is aware of?
Any feedback will be gratefully received.

Geoff

steve.link
20-02-2008, 08:35 PM
I have had an A8 for 3 months from new and so far no problems at all which is more than can be said for my last car - Mercedes E320.

geoffrees
21-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Just taken delivery about 2 hours ago and just can't take the grin off my face. It will probably take me a few weeks to work out all of the functions of the information system, but that is part of the fun.

I noticed that on the Audi website it does not give you the option to configure a new A8 - is there a reason do you know i.e is the model being withdrawn/replaced??

Geoff

steve.link
21-02-2008, 08:15 PM
I think its not due for replacement until 2009.

I think the problem with the website is the changes for the 2008 MY. Several optional items are now standard so the "configurator" needs to be changed.

The PDF brouchure was only available a few weeks ago

Michael68
10-03-2008, 05:09 PM
You lucky thing! I looked into these for a colleague recently and fell in love with the A8. (He actually went for the Beamer in the end, but each to his own!) I had the latest email from the guys I use last week (broombroom) and A8s are £579 a month - sadly out of my budget still, but maybe useful for other Geoffs!