PDA

View Full Version : Its All up in the Air bag !!

Gary Marshall
19-02-2008, 04:35 PM
hi everyone,

sorry for the Post title ..
I have just bought a 03 Polo 1.2S which has had a front end hit, passenger dash, steering wheel and drivers seat airbags have gone off.
I am looking for the cheapest (obviously), but reliable solution to this problem. I have made a few investigations which surmount to:-

You need to keep to the right Airbag module, airbag & seatbelt re tensioner combination.

Auto dismantlers will sell a dash, module, seat belts & steering wheel kit for anything from £650 +vat.

Any idea's ?

cheers,
Gary

italianjob
21-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi
I have the same problem with a 52 1.2 Polo with a bump on the front and airbags and belts going off, have you had any luck with yours, I have even bought a code reader but the codes will not clear and I have no power steering either. I am at a loss!!
Thanks
Matt

Gary Marshall
24-03-2008, 03:15 PM
hi Matt,

no luck sorting power steering yet,
did any of your front wheels take a hit during the crash ?

Gary

italianjob
25-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Hi Gary

No, my wheels were fine, it hit the centre grill missing the headlights, but wrecking the bonnet and radiator. It is all finished minus the power steering.
Apparently, the pump mptor, being electric has a seperate ECU, which registers fault codes, when it senses an impact. These need to be scanned and if the pump is ok the codes will clear and the steering assist return.

There are a couple of airbag sets on Ebay at the moment

Cheers

Matt

Gary Marshall
25-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Hi Gary

No, my wheels were fine, it hit the centre grill missing the headlights, but wrecking the bonnet and radiator. It is all finished minus the power steering.
Apparently, the pump mptor, being electric has a seperate ECU, which registers fault codes, when it senses an impact. These need to be scanned and if the pump is ok the codes will clear and the steering assist return.

There are a couple of airbag sets on Ebay at the moment

Cheers

Matt

hi Matt,

Is it a VW garage job to clear the codes in the pump ecu ?
I only have a diagnostic scanner which plugs into the main diagnostic plug.

cheers
Gary

italianjob
26-03-2008, 03:28 PM
hi Gary

Any garage with decent diagnostics should be able to do it, a garage I use for MOT's, reckon they can clear them.

I am going to take it up in a week or so.

Cheers

Matt