PDA

View Full Version : Certificate of conformity TT Quattro 1999

michalis12
19-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Hi everyone,

I own an Audi TT Quattro (1999), 1800cc, 180 bhp. I purchased it second hand in the UK. It had already been imported in the UK from Germany by the previous owner.
I am now relocating to Greece and if I want to re-register the car there I need a certificate of Conformity. Most of the car's paperwork is in German and I don't think I have such a document.
My question is:
A)Will I be able to get a CoC for this vehicle or does it lie outside the EU standards for CO2 emissions?
B) Where do I get the CoC from? Is it Audi, DVLA, the garage where I bought the car?

Thanks
Michalis

pepx
24-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Car manufacturers have to provide these documents (at a cost) just applying with chassis number and proof of ownership. I would try with Audi in Greece... as far as you'll have to pay for it anyway, better obtain it in the place where you are planning to use it for being sure will be honoured without any format or language problems. :approve:

Be careful with the transit EU documents you get for driving the car back, if you get the wrong ones, you may be fined at arrival when taking the car into customs for registration.

Zackary
16-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Hi,
I did the same thing in Spain and had to go to a recognised homologation agency who for 100Euros wrote me out a homologation paper which I assume is a certificate of conformity??

Hope this helps

FrogsLondon1
19-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Hi Chaps,

Just a quick message to share with you my experience on those ordering a certificate of conformity (or COC). Do not use www.coc-europe.com this is a phony website where one cannot get in touch with them (email or phone).

IF you are still planning on using them, at least try to order through email or phone and you'll see that www.coc-europe.com does not answer at all.

This is a big scam.

Sam
19-06-2014, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the warning Frogs.

I've removed the URL you'd typed multiple times (but in white text for some odd reason). I wouldn't want search engines picking it up as some sort of underhand budget SEO technique.