PDA

View Full Version : BOSE - IS it worth it?

luke_Fitz
19-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Hi everyone,

I am in the final stages of purchasing a A3 1.4 and wondering if the bose system really makes any diffrence.

The kind of music I normally play is house.

Matt_Storm
19-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Hi everyone,

I am in the final stages of purchasing a A3 1.4 and wondering if the bose system really makes any diffrence.

The kind of music I normally play is house.

Yeah good clean crisp sound although mine has started flipping out at MP3 discs but its around 4 years old now.

neil4871
19-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Yes .......I have it in my A4 and its better than the standard if you play music load.:aargh4:

hc_TK
19-02-2008, 11:33 PM
bose blows!

Space Cadet
20-02-2008, 10:35 AM
If you don’t want the hassle of putting a top install in the car then the Bose is a good 2nd place.

You’d have to pay quite a few quid on an install to better the quality or power of the Bose and obviously it’s factory fit and will increase the value of your car when you come to sell, whereas an aftermarket install probably would detract.

hc_TK
20-02-2008, 01:52 PM
i wouldnt say top install.
It is better to just run better speakers on the bose amp if its possible. And even better is if you run a seperate amp on the new speakers.. not very much work.. but i understand that the bose is better than stock if you want to keep everything stock

engineermk
21-02-2008, 12:54 PM
I have a standard (non-bose) ssytem in my A3 and it's very average. I wishi had selected the Bose system.

Matt_Storm
21-02-2008, 02:42 PM
There are other alternatives of course- Bose are ok but pretty basic im thinking of putting an Alpine head unit in mine to replace the Bose mainly down to the bose not handling Mp3s too well.
The Alpine is around a quarter of the price and much better looking too!

Nick01329
21-02-2008, 05:51 PM
it seams its all down to personal opinion but I think its decent

nifty
22-02-2008, 01:16 AM
Sorry for hijack, I have posted separately but haven't got any replies :/

So... what speakers would be compatible and how would you go about fitting them and an amp?

Can't seem to find any 'How to' guide

prolfe
23-02-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm very happy with the standard Concert II in my A3.

try and get into a couple of cars with the same track on a CD and test it.

I listened to a bose in an A3 prior to getting my car and couldn't see what all the fuss was about. I then had one in an A4 Avant and that was rubbish. Maybe it was the acoustics in the avant that were poor.

adamss24
23-02-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm very happy with the standard Concert II in my A3.

try and get into a couple of cars with the same track on a CD and test it.

I listened to a bose in an A3 prior to getting my car and couldn't see what all the fuss was about. I then had one in an A4 Avant and that was rubbish. Maybe it was the acoustics in the avant that were poor.
Bose is a decent sound system...before i had a old shape audi a6, 3 audiobahn subs awt12x- 2000w RMS each in ported custom Perspex box, directed 2400d- 2600w RMS, 0 gauge wiring, ALUMAPRO 50 Farads Power Cap,Optima Yellow top battery and split charger system, Focal Utopia front speakers, Focal Polyglass rear speakers driven from directed 4200 amplifier, pioner AVX-P7300DVD Head unit ad pioneer AVMP 8000 master unit, all good for over 160 decibels- enough to give passer-by nosebleeds ! Now, all that gear gathers dust in the garage as my a4 has a decent Bose system driven by a Sony Xplod head unit ! You wont believe the difference a decent head unit does to a standard car speaker set-up !

Rixy75
05-03-2008, 04:45 PM
BOSE sound system is brilliant, the sound quality is much better than the normal "concert" system. I am thinking of changing my A3 and would only change it for another with the BOSE system fitted.

PetSKi
04-10-2016, 08:05 PM
It depends, Bose is nice, but the new versions are equipped with B&O drivers and amps. I think there are lot of brands, that meets the standards of both with lot less and therefore woun't search for either. DLS is one of my all time favorites and have also had very good 3-way system from Pioneer.

I've sort of strugling with the same issue. The factory installed basic "10-speaker"-systems lifetime span seems to be over and I'm searching for replacement speakers. Which, by the way is not 10-speakers if, you look closely. It is a 5.1 surround, with mid-range on top of the dash, and 2-ways in all four doors and subwoofer behind the left trim in the trunk.

The hard part is that the rear doors are so slim, that the woofers need to be mounted with collars, or have only 2" installation depth from the trim. I'm very strick on that nothing shall be changed visually.

I've found some nice 2-way sets, but still haven't bought anything, cause I'm trying to find the output power for the Concert II+ radio, but ending up with nothing more, than the general introduction, of what features the player have. I'm thinking of not getting an amplifier, yet it may be the best and only rational solution.

So, if anyone have more on the speaker output power on the player, I'd be most happy, if you shared that information.

Best, Pete