PDA

View Full Version : Unreliable Bora!!!

BORO
15-11-2006, 10:41 PM
I purchased a "V" Reg TDI Bora in Feb this year and it was the biggest mistake I have ever made! Since February the following issues have put me off V Dub for life:

Water pump failure - they put a plastic impeller in it (£140.00)!:zx11:
Break light unit failure and electronic boot mechanism failure (£65.00):aargh4:
Dashboad light malfunction e.g. they go on and off when they like:aargh4:
Water temp sensor failure (£?) still broken but not a concern aparantly because it does not go over 90 Deg!
Fly wheel failure (£611.00) if I don't fix it quick it will take out the clutch!:1zhelp:

Please tell me mine's a one off?
Does anyone have a contact number for VW uk so I can officially complain about the reliability of the Bora?
My car previous to the Bora was an Audi 80 TDI, I never had a problem and sold it for a good price with 186,000 miles on the clock, the Bora has only done 80,000 and its history

gazza57
16-11-2006, 07:58 AM
You can contact VW customer services at Blakelands Drive Milton Keynes or just go to VW AG Website. For all the good it will do you I wouldn't bother they've thicker skins than a geriatric rhino. I 've had horrendous service from the dealers. My advice to you would be to find a good local garage to do any work you need, they will be cheaper thats for sure , they most likely will be more thorough.
Gazza57

boxofmatches
05-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Sorry to hear you have been put off your 99 bora, I have a problem with mine the now but its the first problem I have had, its now used as our second car, its the smaller bhp one, only 90bhp and still trotts along at 90mph all day if need be, just a few weeks ago some old **** driving a chelsea tractor p*ssed me of on the A90, my old Bora thought nothing about getting upto 115mph and not bad for an old girl with 205,000 on her clock.

I purchased a "V" Reg TDI Bora in Feb this year and it was the biggest mistake I have ever made! Since February the following issues have put me off V Dub for life:

Water pump failure - they put a plastic impeller in it (£140.00)!:zx11:
Break light unit failure and electronic boot mechanism failure (£65.00):aargh4:
Dashboad light malfunction e.g. they go on and off when they like:aargh4:
Water temp sensor failure (£?) still broken but not a concern aparantly because it does not go over 90 Deg!
Fly wheel failure (£611.00) if I don't fix it quick it will take out the clutch!:1zhelp:

Please tell me mine's a one off?
Does anyone have a contact number for VW uk so I can officially complain about the reliability of the Bora?
My car previous to the Bora was an Audi 80 TDI, I never had a problem and sold it for a good price with 186,000 miles on the clock, the Bora has only done 80,000 and its history