PDA

View Full Version : Halogen DRL's

Satch
18-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Do the halogen lights still come with daytime running lights?
Has anyone got a pic of the halogen running lights when they are switched on please?

browellm
18-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Well searched ;)

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=125111&postcount=15

Satch
18-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks Browellm. I'm too lazy to search.:D

I've seen those two pics but are the DRL's switched on in those pics. They don't look that good if they are ?

browellm
18-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Not very spectacular are they?

Satch
18-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Not very spectacular are they?

Pretty disappointing.
Audi have upset me with the DRL's. :zx11:
1st they where available as an option and then they withdraw them but they still market the car as having LED DRL's.
Every pic, every reveiw has them.

I'm not happy so I might have to retro fit them.

I wonder how much to buy a set as parts ?

Vinnyg
19-02-2008, 10:36 AM
I've seen them now in the flesh so to speak, in a dealers in Dublin. The sales guy turned them on for me and they aren't great. They are however much better than in those pictures. They seem to be quite directional so from close to the car you need to be in front and stand back a bit otherwise the look dim.

I'm more ****** with my car broker now. It seems that Audi have agreed to honour any orders placed before mid Nov with LED lights. However my broker clearly didn't kick up much of a fuss and just came back to me and insisted I had to chose different options after I ordered mid October. Rubbish!!

The continued marketing of the LED DRLs is a proper scam though. Even the demo model at my local dealers has them even though it's an SE.

Ah well, hopefully my wait won't be extended again and I'll have my new car in the next 5 weeks.

Satch
19-02-2008, 08:05 PM
This is the e-mail reply I got from Audi marketing when I complained about the scam........ sorry .. misleading information.

Thank you for your email and firstly may I apologies for the frustration that you have encountered during the purchase of your new A4.

The optional Xenon headlights were withdrawn from ordering in late November. This was no doubt just after your initial consultation with your Audi dealer. The website has already been updated to reflect this change and a revised price and specification guide will be available from the end of the week.

I would like to thank you once again for your comments. I do hope that you enjoy your A4 - the car is a fantastic product and is already winning high acclaim from the motoring press.