PDA

View Full Version : Eos Bluetooth on Steering Wheel

skippy
15-11-2006, 12:12 AM
Hi all,

Just registered as I've become a Eos owner in the last 2 weeks.

Great car, no problems so far.

I managed to get a new car from a cancelled order and got a multi function steering wheel. question is why is there no bluetooth option on the UK cars even though the buttons are on steering wheels. I asked the salesman but none of them knew.

Has anyone found out why and instead is it possible to get a car kit fitted like the Parrot 3100 instead?

Skippy

neh321
15-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Hi all,

Just registered as I've become a Eos owner in the last 2 weeks.

Great car, no problems so far.

I managed to get a new car from a cancelled order and got a multi function steering wheel. question is why is there no bluetooth option on the UK cars even though the buttons are on steering wheels. I asked the salesman but none of them knew.

Has anyone found out why and instead is it possible to get a car kit fitted like the Parrot 3100 instead?

Skippy

I have a Parrot bluetooth connection fitted to my Eos and it works perfectly. Screen is just between the gear-lever and the cup/bottle holder so is very unobtrusive. The connection really should be standard (on all cars) these days, just as heated screen-washer jets should also be standard (I was unable to get these on my Eos despite lengthy correspondence with both VW UK and VW in Germany - because I have leather seats which include heated seats which leads to a conflict if you try to order the winter pack etc etc..!)

skippy
15-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Which Parrot you got installed and is it connected to the stereo speakers...ie does the stereo mute when a call comes in??

Was it easy to get installed without messing up the Eos dashboard??

I'm thinking about getting the Parrot 3100.....

neh321
15-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Which Parrot you got installed and is it connected to the stereo speakers...ie does the stereo mute when a call comes in??

Was it easy to get installed without messing up the Eos dashboard??

I'm thinking about getting the Parrot 3100.....

Not entirely sure which one - it was fitted by the company we use for all our mobiles. Think it might have been a 3100.

Yes the stereo mutes and there's a powerful mike somewhere so it's just like talking to someone in the passenger seat. No mess at all; it was fitted by real experts!

joolzh13
09-01-2007, 09:55 PM
tell me can you only turn up the radio with the multi function steering wheel or does it do anything else £200 is a bit steep for only this facility if the blue tooth doesn't work!

GurnyGub
11-01-2007, 02:07 PM
I believe you need to be careful retro-fitting kits if you have the Dynaudio stereo option, as you may damage it.