PDA

View Full Version : New a4 options

PaulHelyer
17-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Hi I have just about to order a new S line SE a4 cabrio. What I would like to know is :-

The blutooth phone interface(low), how well does this work? Will it work 100% with mainstream phones like Nokia? Am told there is an aerial to enhance signal, how can this work if the phone is only connected via bluetooth? Am I better forgetting this and just retrofitting a parrot car kit for half the price? will parrot work better

Is the comfort pack worth it? someone told me the automatic headlights are a waste of time as is the rain sensors. How well do they work?

Acoutic hood. Do you recommend it, does it make a difference ?

Thankyou for your help

Paul

JohnH
17-02-2008, 11:33 PM
I have an Avant, a different car I'd admit but I considered my options carefully and have experience of most of those you describe.

I have the Auto-dimming mirror (which is brilliant imho), it came with the auto-lights (OK) and auto-wipers (not so good).

I didn't get the bluetooth fitted as I have a Nokia Bluetooth/pop-port integrated kit, to be honest I regret this because once connected via the stereo with Bose speakers it was far too loud, ended up with a separate speaker and radio-mute.The car I had for a weekend demonstrator had the Audi bluetooth and it worked fine with both my wife's and my Nokia phones of the time.

I can't remember the option packs and I think they're different on the cabrio, however the multi-function steering wheel is something I miss from my last few cars, I've a feeling the bluetooth feature includes this ?

One option I got which is invaluable is the reverse parking aid, I've a colleague with the cabrio who wishes it had this. As for the hood, the standard hood is fine but I'd probably go for the acoustic one myself.

Other stuff like an armrest and decent interior lights should be standard but are not.....

Being controversial, I can't persuade myself that a diesel - particularly the 170TDi (which is a bit agricultural) sits well in a cabrio....

Froggy
18-02-2008, 12:09 PM
The factory bluetooth kit uses SIM Access Protocol, which works really well with most Nokia's - Basically it has it's own GSM module , and uses your SIM card information to access the network.

It also integrates with the steering wheel controls, so you can use it without much bother whilst driving.

gtrevor
20-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Hi I have just about to order a new S line SE a4 cabrio. What I would like to know is :-

The blutooth phone interface(low), how well does this work? Will it work 100% with mainstream phones like Nokia? Am told there is an aerial to enhance signal, how can this work if the phone is only connected via bluetooth? Am I better forgetting this and just retrofitting a parrot car kit for half the price? will parrot work better

If the Audi system is like the BMW bluetooth system, you are better off not having it installed as it will only use the SIM access on certain models of phone. eg a guy at work has got a 530 and was using an old Nokia fine with it - we have now upgraded to 6300's and the BMW system can't use the SIM card as the phone is too new!

I've got the Parrot CK3100 in my A4 and it is a fantastic bit of kit - works really well, and there isn't a phone that exists that doesn't work with it!!