PDA

View Full Version : Golf mK IV 1.6 8V Turbo

S.Pazzotto
14-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Hi everyone !

I don´t know for sure if this is the right place, but I want to tell you guys about my car.

The engine has forged pistons, made in Argentina, with OEM connecting rods and OEM cranckshaft.

The compression ratio it´s stock too ( 10,2:1 ), with stock camshaft / heads / camvalves .

The turbo, is a brazilian one, with A/R .42 ( compressor ) and A/R .48 ( turbine ).

The boost is about 13 psi ( I´m using ethanol as fuel, wich have more octanes than gasoline ), and I think the engine´s power is about to 180cv ( 177,53 hp ).

Basically, the job was a quite easy. The only extra-job was with the fuel injectors: I had to open it, about 50% more than stock one.

I´m using an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator, wich work´s with vacuum and pressure, wich allows a variable fuel pressure.

Just for example: the fuel pressure with throttle closed, in idle ( 900rpm )
is 12,32psi.

In WOT, is 17,40 psi, and with boost pressure (13 psi), is 59,46psi fuel pressure.

Whith this fuel pressure, and bigger fuel injectors, i can ride smoothly with this boost pressure, without any problems.

Bye !

serhat
10-02-2008, 05:14 PM
hi can ı see the videos of your car after custom turbo ım thinkng about it to my car ı have 1.6 8v a3 and ım not happy for the performance of this car is really slow if ı can see urs video ı can make a turbo project for this car ım waiting for your mail thank you..mail: srtylmz699@hotmail.com