PDA

View Full Version : Coupe prices

john493
13-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Hi All,
What's the view on prices for the 90s coupe ? I've got my eye on a 94 2.0 16valve. It's in great cond & the seller has owned it for 10 years with fsh and only 70,000 miles. But £2.5K feels expensive.
Oh, and it's turquoise !

Any thoughts ? Looks like it's got plenty of life left in it.
Anything particular to check for ?

John

john493
18-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Any thoughts on this guys ?

brd
28-11-2006, 11:14 AM
To be honest, the price is not very low, but with relatively low mileage and you say a very clean car, then it does sound interesting. Put it this way... if you compare it against what else you could get for the same price that you might be interested in?

I'm on my fourth Audi 80 now... first got "bent" in two - diesel spill, but a walk away no worries, second was sold as I changed countries (RH-drive to LH-drive), third was cheap and getting on a bit which I used to get a set of solid wheels quickly, and current is a lovely 95 cabrio. I think they are great solid cars. They are not without their faults, but I know a few of them now and they have never been difficult to sort out.

I like the car, the lines and the value for money, even if a bit old. I say go for it if you really like the car itself... and while over time there may be the few things here and there that comes with all cars that are 10+ years old, at least you will have a solid set of wheels to start with.

Enjoy.