PDA

View Full Version : new owner, old car, old questions

lucianus
15-02-2008, 12:14 AM
hi. i just bought my audi ( 2 days ago) and i love it. i'm an european left hand driver recently moved to uk and i'm still not 100% sure on what side of the road i should be after i turn right :p
i know nothing about car mechanics but the car runs nice, no strange noises, i'm getting used with the high clutch and changing the gears with my left hand. i drove it back from the guy i bought it from and it went well. i kept it under 60mph. is it true that the car has a turbo system? because if it does i can feel it kicking in at some point. is that normal?
i only have 1 key so i would like to make another one but dunno where to go. i live near crawley so maybe you guys know some place. i also want to make another remote for the security system but i don't know where. the system is SIGMA but dunno exactly what model it is.
also can you guys tell me the first things to do after you buy a car regarding the car's health? something like checkings or maybe taking it to some service shop? anyone knows a good one in my area? ;)
oh and how about a good insurance company :D
thank you for reading and sorry for the silly questions
oh btw. how many ....hmm how do u say... horse power? has the car plz? thanx

paul b
15-02-2008, 12:41 AM
I think your car has 150 horsepower. If you can feel the turbo kicking in, that is normal, after all, that is what it is there for! I would be worried if you could not feel it. Make sure all of the interior controls work how they should and you should be ok.
Paul
;)

adamss24
15-02-2008, 12:48 AM
That would be a 150 Bhp engine. Spare key(s) can only be programmed with diagnostic equipment-vag com and the like- only if you know the immobiliser pin code. You could take a gamble and buy a spare fob of ebay, providing that all the numbers match, i could program/match your key to your ECU/ instrument cluster for a few beers ! I live in north london ! I also do diagnostics and mechanical repairs on the cheap ! Regards, Chris-07789912128.

lucianus
17-02-2008, 02:36 PM
hi. thank you for your replies.
i found some a4 uncut remote keys on ebay but i saw that they have different part numbers. how can i find the part number of my key? i see that adamss24 can program it ;) but who can cut those keys?
i realy need another key because i know i'm a screw up and will loose it someday :p

thanx alot!