PDA

View Full Version : S3 passenger mirror dip when "reverse" is engaged

steveR32
14-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Hi Guys,

Posted this on the Tex forum but wasn't very helpful as probably doesn't apply to the A3 series. Was wondering if somebody with a current model S3 could help me/us out :)

I have an MY08 R32 (6Spd Manual - 5 Door) and understand the car shares a lot of the components and technology with the Audi S3. My partner just ordered an Audi S3 recently. He gets the car in a couple of months time.

My question is:
Does the S3 come with the mirror dip function when the car is put into reverse? (When I engage reverse in the R32 the passenger door mirror dips to ensure the rims aren't kerbed) - an awesome feature!

We were just wondering. Thanks in advance.

We took the S3 demonstrator for a spin after I had already purchased the R32. Boy that thing is a machine - the interior leaves the R32 for dead but the sound of the R32 makes up for it I guess. Can't wait til he gets it! http://www.vwvortex.com/vwbb/smile.gif

esoteric_mind
15-02-2008, 09:12 AM
Don't know about the Aussie spec's, but in the UK that feature doesn't even appear as an option.:(

Standard mirrors are heated, but then you have options to have auto-dimming and folding.

Sounds like it would be a cool feature to have though