PDA

View Full Version : soaking boot

john mccracken
14-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi All,
New to the club and new to Audi ownership due to purchase of an 03 A2 back in October 07. Great wee car, have taken back seats out so that I can fit in my wife's and my own bike in the boot. Absolutely brill. Great drive ,quality feel and acceptable fuel consumption from a willing 1.4 petrol engine but the boot fills up with water and can create a swimming pool in the battery tray if I do not keep on top of baling it out after rain. No indication of discoloured headlining, brand new sunroof fitted in Oct07 before I bought the car and I can see water working its way in at either side of the corners of the boot. If the car is facing uphill problem is worse than if facing downhill. Have any members come across this problem?
Also radio reception is a bit iffy where is the aerial in this car?
Look forward to any advice out there.
Thanks,
John McCracken.

mastertech
14-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Behind the rear bumper at the corners below the light are 2 air vents with flaps to allow air out, these come loose/ unclipped from the bodywork and cause the water leaks into the boot.Bumper needs to be removed to refit/renew vents.
The open sky roof can also leak if not sealed correctly when replaced.
hope this helps

john mccracken
16-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Thank you mastertech for your reply. That sounds exactly like the answer. Will pursue the leak in that area.
Thanks again,
John McCracken.

john mccracken
22-10-2008, 06:04 PM
I know it has been some months since your advice about the leak in the boot, but just to let you know that your diagnosis was spot on and last week I had the offending duct repaired.
Many thanks again mastertech.
John.