PDA

View Full Version : Southern Meet - Brands Hatch Area - Saturday May 3rd

Sam
14-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Feeler for Southern region mega meet ? (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15136)

Plenty of chat in the above thread, but nothing concrete. I'm tired, bored and need to get out. So, lets get on with it.

I'm running the same poll on another forum and the text there reads;

"I've listed the Southern Counties (in alphabetical order http://www.ukpassats.co.uk/phpbb/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif ) and you each have two votes.

Note, for the purposes of this meet, Southern Counties is anything South of, and including, London - feel free to suggest other places.

Once we have a rough location, we can get going with a time and place. I'd like to aim for Spring (March, April, May) and somewhere with a nice backdrop."

The software here on VWAF only allows up to 10 options, so I have, unfortunately, had to lump together a few Counties - sorry!

Get voting people.

Sam
17-03-2008, 03:24 PM
UK Passats have been slightly more vocal about this than VWAF :rolleyes: and I've added their votes to the poll above

http://ukpassats.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4538

If you're still interested in coming, the place will be Brands Hatch (or there abouts) - the date is still to be decided.

Lets's see some names down so I know who's coming.

Eshrules
17-03-2008, 03:29 PM
I will confess to having missed this thread, but I'll be there, dependant on date and time etc, i could make a weekend of it, i've not been that far south for a long long time ;)

ever since seeing you in that picture, trophy in hand, i've wanted to see just how lovely you look in real life :Blush::Blush::Blush:

count me in, dependant on date :approve:

Sam
20-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Looks like we may be catching some classic car racing now as well.

Follow the link above for more information.

RobBentley
20-03-2008, 09:17 PM
I live about 25minutes from Brands, so I could certainly make an apperance depending on the time/date. Be nice - i've never been to a 'meet' before :p

Matt-h
24-03-2008, 01:06 AM
http://frontiernet.net/~dlwood/bumpasaurus.jpg

Any dates set in stone yet?

Sam
25-03-2008, 12:25 PM
No dates yet - keep an eye on the UKP thread - looks like the Classic Car action is maybe off (for the meet, not the event)

lucianus
28-03-2008, 05:02 PM
is Brands Hatch near M20 and west kingsdown?

Sam
28-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Haha, it's about 3 miles from West Kingsdown :D

bula_82
06-04-2008, 10:29 PM
hi, im in essex, not too far from kent, took me about 40 minutes to get to brands hatch when i took the audi there.

i might be up for a meet dependant on day, time etc

Sam
16-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Date: Saturday May 3rd

Venue: The Moat, London Road, Wrotham, Sevenoakes, Kent TN15 7RR - Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=TN15+7RR&jsv=107.hc&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=addr)

Time: To be confirmed.

Robin K-S
16-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Yeah I live down the road (A20), so may well drag the Scirocco up to see you all or the wifes Corrado (up for sale), also got an Audi 80 avant for sale if anyone wants 1.

Robin

Sam
21-04-2008, 02:42 PM
http://ukpassats.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4538

11am at a place to be confirmed then on to The Moat @ Wrotham for some food and chat.

Taking names now, if you're interested, please post up.

RobBentley
21-04-2008, 03:15 PM
I'll certainly pop down with the W8 now I live on the London Road... i'll also bring my camera :D

Not sure quite were we can meet to take photos mind :/

Robin K-S
21-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Yeah stick me down, will probably bring both as its just up the road.
See you there
Robin

StuPDi
27-04-2008, 08:46 PM
any ideas of times??

I got a staff wedding that day, so may be a bit difficult to get away from work, but would like to come along :)

Stu

Sam
28-04-2008, 01:24 PM
11am meet at the first place ;)

Sam
01-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Bump - this is this weekend coming.

If you want my number for reassurance, PM me :)

Robin K-S
01-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Right got the time, whats the 1st place? Is it the Moat by Gasoline Alley.
Cheers
Robin

Sam
01-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Date: Saturday May 3rd

Time: 11am

Venue 1: Meeting at Trosley Country Park (linkage) (http://www.i-apu.gov.uk/leisure-and-culture/explore-kent/parks-and-open-spaces/trosley-country-park.htm) for pics/natter then on to;

Venue 2: The Moat Wrotham (http://www.pub-explorer.com/kent/pub/moatwrotham.htm), Kent for food/natter

Not been there myself so can't say if it's that one or not, sorry :(

Robin K-S
01-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah it is opposite Gasoline Alley, the home of youngs garage (indie VAG garage) & a VW breakers. See you there, probably bringing the Scirroco & the Corrado.
Cheers
Robin

Col
02-05-2008, 05:15 PM
I will make a guest appearence to this !

Or more the first meeting.

The link to this 1st meet (map once inside that site) is broken btw.

And just to clarify;

1st meet will from 11am to 12pm (i.e. one hour' ish) in case I'm late ?

I don't want to battle round the M25 to find nobody there at 11.30 !

Col
03-05-2008, 02:14 PM
I do believe this was the 1st meet on here albeit only 2 VWAF members attended !

Anyway, nice to meet you Sam !

Sam
04-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Thanks for taking the time to come down guys.

Col, good to finally meet you.

Robin K-S - I only saw you just before you were leaving, good luck with the baby and the sale. I didn't come and look because I know I'd want to buy and the wife wouldn't like that at all!

We're aiming to do this once every 3 months and hopefully the numbers will increase each time.

StuPDi
05-05-2008, 09:26 AM
sorry i didnt make it,

any chance of regular more localised meets??? say on a monthly basis, then meet up centrally every 3 months?

Stu

Robin K-S
05-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Yeah sorry I couldn't stay longer, but got a sprint race practice next weekend & needed to fit new radiator in the Scirocco (still to be done as they gave me the wrong 1). See you at the next 1.
Robin

Sam
06-05-2008, 10:35 AM
sorry i didnt make it,

any chance of regular more localised meets??? say on a monthly basis, then meet up centrally every 3 months?

Stu

Dude if you can make it happen, I'm there.

It takes a lot of effort just to get a few people in one place at the same time. I'm happy to do it quarterly due to the work involved. I'll offer my assistance though :)

StuPDi
06-05-2008, 11:06 AM
nice one,

when i was an active member with SeatCupra.Net, we had a monthly meet on the 4th saturday of each month. we had anything from 6-30 cars at a time.

also, there a meet at brands hatch on the last weds of each month.
this is arranged by "edition38"

where abouts in kent are you?? i'm in Gillingham, but will travel for meets :)

Stu

bula_82
08-05-2008, 06:17 PM
any chance of regular more localised meets??? say on a monthly basis, then meet up centrally every 3 months?u

for any of those in essex after a closer to home meet, a group of friends and i (all vag, from another forum, but im by no means advertising) meet every second monday of the month at the **** turpin on the a127, from 8pm onwards, feel free to join us.

i missed this one too due to not having loads of internet time and completely forgetting. i may have missed the post but is the next one got a date yet?

RickT
09-05-2008, 12:05 AM
where abouts in kent are you?? i'm in Gillingham, but will travel for meets :)

Stu

I will travel down to the next event to meet up with you all... im from West Yorkshire so it will be a trip!! lol.. However i will combine it with a visit to my mates in Kent... Just off the m2, Medway service via the short cut! , in Gillingham..

Rick

Robin K-S
09-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Why not book Brands for a track day/meet, Performance VW mag do it, so I presuming VWAudiForum could do it, probably be an absolute nightmare to set up. I'd be in for a rip round in the Scirocco & I could definately drag a brace of Golf mk1's 2.0 16v's & a RS2 down.
Robin

Col
27-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Bump.

Sam, isn't it time we did another ?