PDA

View Full Version : Getting the latest MMI Satnav DVD

Redheadpeter
14-02-2008, 05:32 PM
I have a 55 plate A6 3.0 TDi with MMI DVD SAtnav. I'm still using the original SAtnav DVD and thought it might be time to upgrade it. (Funny Audi never contact you to say there is a new version available - TeleAtlas wrote to me every year when I was running a Merc).
So - can't find it advertised anywhere. Contact Audi customer service who says yes you can get it but won't tell me a price - apparently dealers are free to set their own price. The Audi guy was quite bemused by the idea I would then want to ring several dealers to get the best price, what world does he live in?
So my local Audi dealer quotes me £266.62 for the Western Europe 2008 DVD - though they aren't available yet and apparently UK-wide there are only 32 on order (at that price it isn't surprising). Audi Liverpool quote me £161 but I feel that may be a UK only version.
The 2008 MMI DVD is being offered on e-bay Germany (no buy-it-now price and Germans don't seem to believe in PayPal on the whole) and the prices go nowhere near £266.
Has anyone else any experience of this, where did you buy, and how much?

dave9_3
15-02-2008, 09:21 PM
I have a 55 plate A6 3.0 TDi with MMI DVD SAtnav. I'm still using the original SAtnav DVD and thought it might be time to upgrade it. (Funny Audi never contact you to say there is a new version available - TeleAtlas wrote to me every year when I was running a Merc).
So - can't find it advertised anywhere. Contact Audi customer service who says yes you can get it but won't tell me a price - apparently dealers are free to set their own price. The Audi guy was quite bemused by the idea I would then want to ring several dealers to get the best price, what world does he live in?
So my local Audi dealer quotes me £266.62 for the Western Europe 2008 DVD - though they aren't available yet and apparently UK-wide there are only 32 on order (at that price it isn't surprising). Audi Liverpool quote me £161 but I feel that may be a UK only version.
The 2008 MMI DVD is being offered on e-bay Germany (no buy-it-now price and Germans don't seem to believe in PayPal on the whole) and the prices go nowhere near £266.
Has anyone else any experience of this, where did you buy, and how much?

I upgraded mine last year.Dealers want silly money. I sourced one from Ebay Germany, my seller however used paypal. I think it cost me around £80 in total. it was a new original whole of Europe disc still in its cellophane wrap. Sold my 2006 disc on ebay so about £55 or so to change.

brido
17-02-2008, 12:54 AM
or if your any way sneaky.....next time your car is in for a service ask for a Q7 demonstator..or any other A6 that has DVD satnav ( or even a mate if they have newer satnav version )...take the DVDs out & copy them on a pc ( DVD +R discs work best & I used Nero to copy ) ) as there is no encrytion on the originals....

When you insert the new version for the first time the MMI is locked out for about 15 mins as it performs lots of system updates

Maxie500
22-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Seems to be a lot of people asking about upgrades at the moment. Try these guys. I'm nothing to do with them, but got good advise, and up to date disc for less than most people are talking including new 3D maps.

http://www.tclsatnav.com/