PDA

View Full Version : Are Audi UK just useless??

Vinnyg
14-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Just been told that the build date for my new A4 has been pushed back until w/c 3rd March after was originally promised arrival at dealer on 28th Feb. It was ordered back in October.

Was in Dublin earlier this week and popped into a local dealers where they had 3 new A4s in the showroom (none here until the 23rd Feb). Where you can order an SE with Xenons and where they'd just handed one over to a customer who'd only ordered it in December!!!

So, how come Audi in Ireland are so far ahead of he game when the UK is meant to be one of Audi's biggest markets.

Booooooo!!!!!

Vinnyg
14-02-2008, 04:25 PM
PS Anyone know what typical time is between build date and delivery to UK dealer?

dansansome
14-02-2008, 04:32 PM
it can vary wildly from what im lead to believe.

a friend of mine ordered a manual A6 2.7tdi, he had to wait about 3 months due to the manual 'box, then without him knowing, audi (this might have been a branch specific promo) decided to run a promotion on the A6 (well after he had ordered his), which all got scheduled to be built infront of his. pushed his delivery date back by another month.

i guess it depends which way the wind is blowing at the time you order.

Donkey Kong
15-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Audi UK are only useless because of their allocations from Audi HQ. National allocations of new audi's are crap. If you go into BMW dealer you can source something pretty easily or get a pretty fast build time. However Audi UK don't seem to get much supply compared to the huge rise in demand in the last decade for the Audi brand.

So, I don't think its necessarily the dealers fault, they just can't get the supply. And the promotions are out of their hands as well - they just sell them.

moptisam2
15-02-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm not surprised that the UK is getting a poor allocation compared to Eire. Audi will be making a lot more money on the cars and equipment than the UK.

If you don't want to believe your eyes, go to the Audi Eire web-site and download the product guide. Have a look at the prices. The A4 2.0 TDI SE that I am interested in is 46,600 Euros. Even at the 1.50 to a Pound that we probably won't see for a long time, if ever, makes the car Pds 31,000. - compared to Pds 23,400 in the UK. Have a look at the prices of options. They too are way above the UK prices.

I may have all this wrong. There may be something I'm missing. If there is, pls tell me. Otherwise, get yourselves a nice glass of malt before looking at the prices, or you won't believe them.

a8 tech
15-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Just been told that the build date for my new A4 has been pushed back until w/c 3rd March after was originally promised arrival at dealer on 28th Feb. It was ordered back in October.

Was in Dublin earlier this week and popped into a local dealers where they had 3 new A4s in the showroom (none here until the 23rd Feb). Where you can order an SE with Xenons and where they'd just handed one over to a customer who'd only ordered it in December!!!

So, how come Audi in Ireland are so far ahead of he game when the UK is meant to be one of Audi's biggest markets.

Booooooo!!!!!utter dribble a4 has b8 a4 has been in mainland since week 1 of feb in selected dealers :aargh4:

browellm
15-02-2008, 10:57 PM
What exactly is utter dribble (sic)? The UK launch date is 23rd Feb.

There has been a left hooker from the continent doing the rounds of the dealers but that's all as far as I am aware.

Satch
15-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Hi, this is my first post. I just wanted to give you some info from N Ireland. I ordered a B8 SE 2 weeks ago and received a letter today saying delivery would be end of March or early April. I saw the left hand drive version in the showroom. The two dealers in NI have been sharing it between them since early January.

I also got feedback from their marketing department regarding the xenon LED's, they had taken some orders in early November with the LED's as an option and will stand over these orders because of the error in the brochure and website. They then withdrew the LED's as an option on the SE at the end of November.

I'm not sure if you can order LED's in Southern Ireland as an option.

moptisam2
16-02-2008, 06:56 AM
As for what (right or left hand drive) is/has been available, all I can say is that even though the official launch date is next Friday, the 23rd, I got a phone call from a Lancashire dealer last Wednesday or Thursday to say they have 3 right-hand drive for me to look at already, but not taxed or insured, so no test drive.

RickT
16-02-2008, 11:46 AM
The Uk Dealers have had loads of Left handdrive "showroom" models on display for some time now..

Dealers will be getting the righthand drive versions in, last week and next week proir to the launch and delivery dates promised for customers.

Most cars seem to be over priced in Ireland, thats how its been for some time now, and the Euro does not help matters either..

If i was to buy one a New A4 B8, i would hold out until the 2.0TDI 170 is out.... but as we know, they have held back due to all the issues with this engine in the current B7 as well as the martketing factor.

Rick

moptisam2
17-02-2008, 05:48 PM
As for overpricing, whilst I was getting rid of my hangover this morning I used the Eire prices to 'configure' the car I have already in mind, including options.

The UK one is just a bit over 27,000 Pounds. Due to the higher base cost in Eire, plus higher cost of options AND the fact that some things you have included in the UK spec are options in Eire, the same spec in Eire would cost a shade over 60,000 Euros!!!!!!!!!!

rude_box
18-02-2008, 03:35 PM
As for overpricing, whilst I was getting rid of my hangover this morning I used the Eire prices to 'configure' the car I have already in mind, including options.

The UK one is just a bit over 27,000 Pounds. Due to the higher base cost in Eire, plus higher cost of options AND the fact that some things you have included in the UK spec are options in Eire, the same spec in Eire would cost a shade over 60,000 Euros!!!!!!!!!!

All cars, over here, are a rip-off! In Ireland people drive number plates, so once they have 08 (read current year) on the number plate nobody seems to question the exorbitant prices we pay, here, compared to our friends across the water. Even taking into account the difference between sterling and the euro we pay way more; even for the base models. Plus our system of VRT (Vehicle Registration Tax) is a joke! Ok, they have reformed (based on emissions and not engine size) the VRT system but from what I can see, unless you opt for a diesel (with it's higher base price!) there wont be much change. I’ll bet that €60k car you spec’ed out didn’t include VRT which could be 20 or 30 percent depending on the engine; at 20% that would be an extra ~€12k (for the government) making the cost to your pocket about €72k!!!

I'm planning a visit to the dealers next weekend to price upgrading my '04 A4 but am probably going to have to re-mortgage (or live in a tent :rolleyes: ) to buy even the base model!!!!!

moptisam2
19-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Thanks Rude Box. I had a reply from Audi Eire mentioning the VRT.

I thought it was just Audi ripping you off. I now realise it's your government!

rude_box
19-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Yep! and I wont even get into road tax!!!