PDA

View Full Version : Wheel size??!!??

beech
14-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Hello there - first post Weeeehhy!!

youve probably heard this too many times, but all the post i read seem to contradict one another...so just wanted to clarify!

Im getting a nice gt tdi on sat, (130) and im eventually going to put sum nice wheels on it. All my friends suggest 18's which is what i think would be best, but iv read alot about the ride being comprimised?

so... obviously the 18s will look better but whats the difference between the ride on 17s and 18s or is it so subtle that i prob wont notice, and would 19s be an option or is that a little too much??
I dont want to do any work on it, i just want sum wheels that fill the arches without rubbing etc, but still give a comfortable drive??....opinions please?? thanks...........

roadkill
14-02-2008, 03:07 PM
i have a tdi that had 17s on but changed to 18s and to be honest i have not noticed any change in the drivability of the car, 18s will fill your arches with plenty of room to spare, enought room that you could probaly could get the car lowered which in turn will help with the hadling of the car

snypa2k
14-02-2008, 07:50 PM
my cousin got 18" 9 spoke RS4 alloys and he cant do a full lock turn. i dont think his car has been lowered or any other mods.

dafydd
15-02-2008, 12:48 AM
I fitted 18's to my golf4 (2000) over xmas, I've got no problems at all with them. The only thing i can pick on is that there's more road noise, but it's not that bad,

beech
15-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Ok, thanks for the feed back i think il go with the 18s.......cheers guys.