PDA

View Full Version : autonomous windows

alibaly
13-02-2008, 09:40 PM
I returned to my Golf PLus this afternoon to find that all the windows were fully open although I had left the car securly locked and the windows shut tight.
Everything still works fine no other electrical problems with the car.
Does not say a lot for the much vaunted VW security, is this a common problem?

Frelon
14-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Was the car locked or unlocked with the windows open? You, of course, are aware of the total opening and closure system with this car?

When you unlock the car using the remote and keep the "open" button depressed (after the car has unlocked) the windows will open fully, which is great if you are approaching the car on a hot day to clear the hot air from the car before you get in. If you get out of the car with the windows open, you can lock it and close all of the windows by keeping the "lock" button depressed.

Only suggestion (seen on other threads) is that you had the "open" button depressed by something in your pocket thereby causing the windows to open.

alibaly
14-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Brilliant, thanks, I went straight out and tried it and it works as you say. I must have inadvertantly held the button down. I was worried that it would happen on a wet day and the car get soaked inside. Means that I won't make a fool of myself at the VW garage.

Frelon
14-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Great result!! It is a good habit to keep the button pressed after you have locked the car, just in case one of your passengers has opened a window a bit without you realising it.