PDA

View Full Version : warranties

terrytoo
13-02-2008, 06:24 PM
hi guys....just s note about haveing your audi chipped. i bought a new audi a4 2litre turbo quatro from Carrs of tresillian, the car is now coming to the end of its warranty period. a year ago, i had the engine chipped via an audi dealer who provided me with an invoice from the dealer for the upgrade, THE DEALER BEING WAYSIDE IN MK). the turbo failed before the warrany expired. YOU WONT BELIEVE THE HASSLE I HAD WITH CARRS OF TRURO. they intimated that even though an audi dealer provided the upgrade as part of their service, my dealer CARRS OF TRURO beefed about it......i am thoroughly peed of with them as they seemed reluctant to tend to the problem at first, but after it transpired that the wastegate bolt had broken, (material failure) they replaced it. i have since had a warranty check done, and i find that the rear anti roll bar was replaced, and the lower bent arms had been replaced.....for a car of audis rep, i think this stinks.....AUDI, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.....i am certainly not thinking of buying another adi.....

Eshrules
14-02-2008, 10:41 AM
hi guys....just s note about haveing your audi chipped. i bought a new audi a4 2litre turbo quatro from Carrs of tresillian, the car is now coming to the end of its warranty period. a year ago, i had the engine chipped via an audi dealer who provided me with an invoice from the dealer for the upgrade, THE DEALER BEING WAYSIDE IN MK). the turbo failed before the warrany expired. YOU WONT BELIEVE THE HASSLE I HAD WITH CARRS OF TRURO. they intimated that even though an audi dealer provided the upgrade as part of their service, my dealer CARRS OF TRURO beefed about it......i am thoroughly peed of with them as they seemed reluctant to tend to the problem at first, but after it transpired that the wastegate bolt had broken, (material failure) they replaced it. i have since had a warranty check done, and i find that the rear anti roll bar was replaced, and the lower bent arms had been replaced.....for a car of audis rep, i think this stinks.....AUDI, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.....i am certainly not thinking of buying another adi.....

sounds like you had some trouble but at least the faults got sorted?

also.... im not sure what point you're making about the warranty check? ARBs and lower arms are common for failure, replacement of these would be a good thing i would have thought?

generally, VAG are a very solid, reliable brand, there is of course, the odd bad egg.

:)