PDA

View Full Version : Golf plus help needed please

Charlville
12-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Hi

I have a Golf Plus Sport 05 model which recently went into a body shop for repair. Before it went in it had a plastic storage tray in the recess between the intial boot carpet and above the spare wheel storage section of the boot. (see photo)
On its return this tray was missing and VW don't list it as a part which is very odd ?

I am looking for someone with a plus that has the tray and who is willing to send me a photo of it in situ to show the disbelieving bodyshop please :-)

Here's hoping !

Ben
12-12-2007, 09:51 PM
have you a picture of your car befopre it went to the body shop?

you could check your options codes from the hand book

http://igorweb.org/equidec/Default.aspx

Frelon
14-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Charlville

My Golf Plus was not delivered with this plastic storage tray when I bought it new. Did you have your car from new, or was it preowned? It may have been something the previous owner bought for the car.

Indeed that was exactly what I did when I bought my car. The space was there so a plastic box to keep my bits and pieces in was the ideal answer.:p

rdann
19-12-2007, 01:07 PM
I have a 2006 Golf Plus GT which also has no tray fitted.

rdann

alibaly
13-02-2008, 09:32 PM
My Feb 06 TDI s model does not even have the folding cover, only a cardboard cover to the spare wheel. I thought that the newer model cars were quieter but road noise is much worse than I remember and is magnified by the lack of insulation in the boot. If anyone has an answer I would be interested. Good luck.

Frelon
14-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Alibaly

This option (storage space) is only available when you have a skinny (space saver) spare wheel.

Frelon
02-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Charlville

I thought your tray was a figment of your imagination until I saw this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220244358964) on eBay!

It went for a good price - pity I was too late!

gamichea
02-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Alibaly

This option (storage space) is only available when you have a skinny (space saver) spare wheel.

Hi, Frelon, are you saying a full size spare wheel is an option, or at least something viable the owner can organise for themselves at the loss of some boot space? Just hate these space saver spares but not as much as the cans of shaving foam the likes of Honda provide on some dubious pretext or other.

P.S. thanks for responding to my post asking for Golf Plus owners' experiences and opinions.

Frelon
03-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Yes, when I bought the car I was given the opportunity of having a regular size spare wheel, or a space saver. I chose the space saver in order to have the extra storage space available in the boot. After all it should only be used to get you somewhere to get the puncture fixed or tyre replaced.

gamichea
03-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Frelon, I notice you're in Normandy so I gues you sourced your car in France. No option for a full size spare is listed by VW in the UK but I'll ask the dealer about this tomorrow.

I understand what you say about the use of a space saver. The issue here is we make long journeys on a Sunday both here and in mainland Europe, particularly France & Italy and I'd hate to only have a space saver in those circumstances with little or no hope of getting a puncture fixed or a replacement tyre so little chance of reaching a distant destination.

Thanks again for your help, its much appreciated.