PDA

View Full Version : smoke from air vents Audi Cabrio

chieflorenzo
12-02-2008, 12:53 PM
1999 T Reg Audi Cabriolet 1.8: i have just started getting smoke through the air vents when the heating is on, but it is also coming from under the bonnet once the car has been run for a few minutes, any ideas on where to start looking before i spend loads of time hunting around for potential causes? i havent really looked in detail but if you need more info let me know and i will check

thanks

kenney
12-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi what kind of smell is it from the smoke, burnt oil ? or is it a sweet kind of smell?

chieflorenzo
18-03-2008, 02:24 PM
it's oily i think, a friend had a look, he suggested it might be the head gasket. i haven't been driving it much so i've hopefully caught it early enough. i think im going to have to get an Audi main dealer to do it, ive had too many problems with incompetent local mechanics...which leads me to another issue. i had a brand new clutch: clutch plates, fly wheel, and master and slave cylinders. since then, if i press the clutch pedal in lightly, the pedal just disappears to the floor, and i have to manually pull it back up again. the fluid has been bled a few times, but i have a feeling they havent pressure-flushed it which i have a feeling needs to be done. any ideas on this?