PDA

View Full Version : Ibiza 95 - Won't start - Desperate

Rossiter
12-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Has anyone found a resolve to this???. I am not mechanically trained. Have a 1.4 Petrol (ABD) Version 6K4ABD2. I believe it is a fuel injection model. Vehicle Id : VSSZZZ6KZZR735094.

The bloody thing just wont start especially if overnight is a bit cold and foggy. I live in Queensland Australia so cold to me is around 14 degrees Celcius.

I took it to the local mechanic a week ago and the bloody thing started first time. I felt like a goose. :confused:

Is there a cold start sensor I should be replacing, an injector issue or anothere thermostat that get the litttle engine ticking over?????

thanks Team

Chris

Rossiter
25-02-2008, 12:52 AM
Found the answer. My coil was not giving a strong spark so it had to be replaced. All is fine now except for the intermitant noise that appears at idle (at traffic lights). Its a whinning noise that may be coming from the timing belt or the belts that are on the generator. No idea?????????

darren_mcvicar
25-02-2008, 06:12 PM
its your alternator belt buddy the one that charges the battery and works the power steering and waterpump easy fix tho and not dear at all;)